22.3 Outside/Inside pay progression

Up In Smoke

Disagree all you want. Art 40 supersedes EVERYTHING. If they’re driving air, they get air rate for those hours... aka exception air.
If anything else is happening it’s because locally (Management, HR, union, etc) it’s being screwed up.
In his original post, he states he was "offered" the position. What this means to me is that he had a classification transfer submitted to the 22.3 classification, which is how someone outside the classification can take an open position. Again I've never heard of someone transferring from a full-time classification into 2 part-time classification positions. I would agree if he was a part-time employee who signed a bid sheet from an air combo, inside/outside position there could be to pay rates. His story doesn't paint that picture to me. I've been wrong before and I am in a different region.

PizzaToUps

Disagree all you want. Art 40 supersedes EVERYTHING. If they’re driving air, they get air rate for those hours... aka exception air.
If anything else is happening it’s because locally (Management, HR, union, etc) it’s being screwed up.
does it supersede article 41 where it says you are only required to go through one full time progression? Does article 40 progression not matter if you complete it as a part timer?