22.3 Pay Rate New England

Ph1970

I’ve been a 22.3 for close to a year now. When I started this job, I noticed that my pay rate was weird. It was a 22.2 pay rate. 32.09-32.24-depending upon what time I start. The company has bid the job for a decade as a 22.3, but once I took over the job it became a 22.2. No new bid. They just said the union screwed up n bid it wrong for a decade. I was the first to question it. My seniority date is 8/88. I work with a guy who has a date of 7/86 and he makes 34.87. That’s a 2.78 difference. What would I make? Anyone know? I know there are COLAs in there in addition to raises. It’s been a year long battle. I suspect that they’ve realized I’m right and they don’t want to pay back wages.

PT Car Washer

I’ve been a 22.3 for close to a year now. When I started this job, I noticed that my pay rate was weird. It was a 22.2 pay rate. 32.09-32.24-depending upon what time I start. The company has bid the job for a decade as a 22.3, but once I took over the job it became a 22.2. No new bid. They just said the union screwed up n bid it wrong for a decade. I was the first to question it. My seniority date is 8/88. I work with a guy who has a date of 7/86 and he makes 34.87. That’s a 2.78 difference. What would I make? Anyone know? I know there are COLAs in there in addition to raises. It’s been a year long battle. I suspect that they’ve realized I’m right and they don’t want to pay back wages.
In the Central Region 22.2 FT car washers make $36.09/hr, the same as PT car washers. 22.2 Porters make a bit more for whatever reason. I guess cleaning toilets is considered a skilled job while washing package cars is unskilled.

Ph1970

In the Central Region 22.2 FT car washers make $36.09/hr, the same as PT car washers. 22.2 Porters make a bit more for whatever reason. I guess cleaning toilets is considered a skilled job while washing package cars is unskilled.
We don’t have those positions in our building.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
22.2 are highly sought over protected jobs here per article 22.2 of the NMA (I’m also in NE). I’d give your BA a call and give him all of the info you have. 22.2 jobs should always be posted for bid as such. If you bid a 22.3 and the the job is actually a 22.2 it should have been posted that way on the biennial bid. I’m assuming the “they” you are referring to is management. I’d wager they are lying to you. The way you can tell is there lips are moving.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

My state is in the Central, but our state rider puts 22.2 jobs at $36.05.

The only PT people to make that wage would be pre-1982 red-circled.

No porters.... They have always been low wage contractors.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Read through Art 17 specifically the sixth paragraph. I’d put it in writing that you suspect your pay is wrong, if you have not done so already.

Ph1970

Read through Art 17 specifically the sixth paragraph. I’d put it in writing that you suspect your pay is wrong, if you have not done so already.
My BA has been informed. I’m just looking for some other 22.3 from New England with roughly the same seniority date.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
My BA has been informed. I’m just looking for some other 22.3 from New England with roughly the same seniority date.
Good for you getting your BA involved. I’m not on a 22.3 and I’m junior to you, thus I’m of no help regarding specific wages. I’m interested in hearing how things work out for you though. I’ve been told by people that are on jobs that 22.3 pay rates also change depending on what the job does for work. We have 22.3 jobs that are all inside the building, some that shuttle air and then deliver air and others that are a mix of inside and outside work.

Good for you getting your BA involved. I’m not on a 22.3 and I’m junior to you, thus I’m of no help regarding specific wages. I’m interested in hearing how things work out for you though. I’ve been told by people that are on jobs that 22.3 pay rates also change depending on what the job does for work. We have 22.3 jobs that are all inside the building, some that shuttle air and then deliver air and others that are a mix of inside and outside work.
Our 22.3 jobs we have here goes by get your air rate for driving and your inside building rate depending on how many years you have working here.
So if you don't have a lot of years in your inside rate really sucks big time