22.3 vs 22.4

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UPSTeamster Pragmatist, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Why is everyone up in arms over 22.4s making less than us, but its fine that 22.3s make a lower rate? Everyone is worried that 22.3 will go away, taken over by higher paying 22.4s.

2. Pizza

Pizza BrownCafer of the Month

22.3 and 22.4 pay the same

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

you r not real pizza

4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Because 22.3 is inside work and 22.4 will be doing the same job as a driver for less pay. Are you for air drivers delivering ground at air pay rate?

5. Some of the language such as 1.5 hour breaks suggest strongly that 22.4s will likely be used for both inside and driving.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. Pizza

I am so.
    Here is a baby pic to prove it.

s179651495794896015_p62_i1_w1600.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 16
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  7. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

i stand corrected and apologize

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  8. I see 22.4s being used to staff habitually understaffed preloads instead of paying regular drivers, running off high volume high revenue bulk stops to keep us from being bricked out daily and running misloads, air help, breakdowns, blown out pick ups etc. They will be supporting us with a less stressful inside/driver position many p/t would jump at that don'y want the stress of being a RPCD or whatever they are calling us now. It would be nice to see national language protecting them from being worked 14 hours with management trying to get them to take 45 min between preload and air, then 45 min betwwen air and running off misloads. Maybe national language such as "no 22.4 will work more than 11 hours any given work day"

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. "No 22.4 will work more than 11 hours a day consecutively including all paid/unpaid breaks"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Zowert

Zowert Active Member

They took our jobs!
    Dey took er jabs!
    Took’er durp!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Because they deliver ground. Duh

12. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

Not really. Inside/inside 22.3 yes, but generally not Art.40 22.3

13. Pizza

Watch you men General Lee?

Art 40 combo and 22.3 inside have the same top rate

14. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

Art.40 combo jobs are paid with split wages; top air rate for driving, part-time rate for inside.

15. Pizza

Did not know that. Most of the air/inside guys here have 25 years so I guess their part time rate is close to top.

16. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Go with the 22.3 year old.

17. I like them older though

18. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

19. Jehovah_Witness

Jehovah_Witness New Member

I’ve been part time for 2 years. So would it be easier to be a driver now since no one wanna be 22.4? I don’t mind making less since I live in a small town.

20. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

The Union is hoping you’ll see it that way. If the lower 22.4 pay doesn’t bother you, having no overtime protection while the Company shoves as many stops as it can up your ass to keep them off RPCD routes probably will.