22.4’s rolling out in my center

upschuck

Does anyone know if the 22.4 job will have a 30 day qualifying period? Our sheet got about a dozen signatures but half of them were from PTers who are so stupid and/or lazy that I don't know how they tie their own shoes in the morning. A lot of them got on during peak because they were so desperate for warm bodies and they barely even met that requirement. I think for some of them their thought process was "A FT job that isn't all driving? Sounds easy. I'm in!"
Believe they have the same qualifying process.

PT Car Washer

Does anyone know if the 22.4 job will have a 30 day qualifying period? Our sheet got about a dozen signatures but half of them were from PTers who are so stupid and/or lazy that I don't know how they tie their own shoes in the morning. A lot of them got on during peak because they were so desperate for warm bodies and they barely even met that requirement. I think for some of them their thought process was "A FT job that isn't all driving? Sounds easy. I'm in!"
Sounds like all the FT that sign a 22.3 job. Until they find out how easy they had it as a delivery driver.

JustDeliverIt

Do you have a 4-year progression going from 22.4 to RPCD? That would be a real kick in the nuts.

You have one 4 year progression in total. If you are 3 years into 22.4 and then go RPCD, then you have 1 year left in progression as a RPCD. If you completed the progression as a 22.4, you go right to top rate as a RPCD once you make the jump. That's how our BA explained it.

542thruNthru

They still would allow FT transfers first and then backfill FT jobs vacated.
Which is why the two people qualifying are qualifying as regular drivers, because 2 regular drivers have agreed to transfer to 22.4.

Thank you for saying this @burrheadd I actually didn't really read it because it didn't pertain to me and PT Car Wash conversation.

In my region he would be wrong.

FT driver transfers would be part of the 6-1 per the Western Region (the best region by the way. @Box Ox knows) PT would have first dibs and per our language so would 22.4s.

Screenshot_20190608-211819_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

542thruNthru

You have one 4 year progression in total. If you are 3 years into 22.4 and then go RPCD, then you have 1 year left in progression as a RPCD. If you completed the progression as a 22.4, you go right to top rate as a RPCD once you make the jump. That's how our BA explained it.

This is absolutely correct. Good job man because I forgot this was in the NMA.

Here is the language for anyone that doubts the man. ;)
sketch-1560054579686.jpg

Snack

Speaking as a RPCD in my first year of progression, the guaranteed hours and rate of a first year 22.4 doesn’t sound so bad. So far, I’ve spent the majority of 2019 working limited hours in the hub for $15 per.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
No part timer wants at FT job?
Speaking as a RPCD in my first year of progression, the guaranteed hours and rate of a first year 22.4 doesn’t sound so bad. So far, I’ve spent the majority of 2019 working limited hours in the hub for $15 per.
It's not so bad if you look at it from the CORRECT point of view. Most government jobs start you at 15-16$ per hour, nothing wrong with that starting rate and they will end up making the same as us in 4 years if they go RPCD. I get the disappointment; their road to top rate will be more volatile than it is for us; hours and schedule wise. But really, I've always looked at this as a legit 4 year trade. If you sign up to drive, you're looking at a rough half decade then a good career after the dust settles. I'm glad I got in to package at the time I did and I was lucky to have gotten the opportunity. However, if I was part time I'd be all over this 22.4 thing. Just a different, but fair path to the same end result.