22.4’s rolling out in my center

I was up for FT driving in my building, my seniority finally allowing me a spot. I was all ready to go out and then I received a call that said they'd needed to think about things for a week, of which I didn't even know what that meant. Then, I was told a week later that all new FT drivers would be hired as 22.4's. Guaranteed 8 hours a day, Tues-Sat, and it looks like pre-load in the morning, driving during the day, unless there is no work, then I can work day shift I assume on the sort aisle or something.

I feel totally cheated, I really put in my time at this company and now and if I were hired even a year before I could have totally avoided this classification. I voted No. I wish more people cared, but it ain't the coal mine vs company days anymore, unfortunately.

Anyway, I currently make 40k with two jobs, I would take a hit for the first year because I'd only be making around 30. Wage is 20.50 to start I believe. But the biggest question here is, will I be able to bid out of this position? If there is no future for that, and I would have to accept a top rate of 30 dollars for the same work, I might just cut my losses and search for a new career. God's will be done, I ain't too worried either way.

Anyone else hear anything about the 22.4's in their building?

God bless and have a good weekend boys.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Don't blame you for not wanting to be a 22.4. Our first bid sheet for 4 of them went up in my center on Wednesday, not 1 signature so far.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was up for FT driving in my building, my seniority finally allowing me a spot. I was all ready to go out and then I received a call that said they'd needed to think about things for a week, of which I didn't even know what that meant. Then, I was told a week later that all new FT drivers would be hired as 22.4's. Guaranteed 8 hours a day, Tues-Sat, and it looks like pre-load in the morning, driving during the day, unless there is no work, then I can work day shift I assume on the sort aisle or something.

I feel totally cheated, I really put in my time at this company and now and if I were hired even a year before I could have totally avoided this classification. I voted No. I wish more people cared, but it ain't the coal mine vs company days anymore, unfortunately.

Anyway, I currently make 40k with two jobs, I would take a hit for the first year because I'd only be making around 30. Wage is 20.50 to start I believe. But the biggest question here is, will I be able to bid out of this position? If there is no future for that, and I would have to accept a top rate of 30 dollars for the same work, I might just cut my losses and search for a new career. God's will be done, I ain't too worried either way.

Anyone else hear anything about the 22.4's in their building?

God bless and have a good weekend boys.
I took a pay cut my first year buy progression was only a couple years then. The small paycut was worth it because while I made less I was working far less hours.

upschuck

At 20.50, if you work 40 hrs/wk, then you'd be making ~$41k, which is > 40k.

And yes, you can bid into RPCD, when a spot opens up.

RTCD

Don’t worry, they’ll gladly give you 59hrs/week to take work away from top rate RPCDs. That’ll put your salary at $73k if they max your hours out 52 weeks straight.

542thruNthru

How do you arrive at that conclusion? How could a PT outbid a 22.4 for a FT package delivery job?

It's funny. You and I have had this conversation a few times. :)

Screenshot_20190608-111050_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

PT to FT list goes off of company seniority (hire date)

Staydryitsraining

Pt-22.4-ftd. Is progression here. They put the first 22.4 list up for full timers to sign. 4 sheets full of signatures from pters who didnt read it was only for ft. Pt list for 22.4 will be up in the coming weeks. If you dont want to drive everyday sign up for 22.4 it will be easy money. Otherwise wait for a ftd spot to open up.

Hot Carl

Does anyone know if the 22.4 job will have a 30 day qualifying period? Our sheet got about a dozen signatures but half of them were from PTers who are so stupid and/or lazy that I don't know how they tie their own shoes in the morning. A lot of them got on during peak because they were so desperate for warm bodies and they barely even met that requirement. I think for some of them their thought process was "A FT job that isn't all driving? Sounds easy. I'm in!"