22.4 bid sheet

Bigfoot

Hide & Seek Champion
My center posted a bid sheet for 22.4 drivers back in April. Most of the part timers didn’t understand the language in the building and decided to wait for a RPCD bid to show up. However, 22.4 drivers get seniority over part timers once those RPCD bids come up. Now most of them want another sheet to be put up but management keeps pulling drivers from the April 22.4 bid sheet when they said they were only taking 6 drivers. Is this a loud?

tempTCD2

You have to go through 22.4 to become a rpcd now. If they are hiring rpcd off the 22.4 bid list then there is a problem. However it seems like they are just hiring 22.4s and ofc they will be ahead when a rpcd spot opens up. So there is nothing you can do. Always sign every bid sheet no matter what. You can still decline a position.

Bigfoot

Hide & Seek Champion
You have to go through 22.4 to become a rpcd now. If they are hiring rpcd off the 22.4 bid list then there is a problem. However it seems like they are just hiring 22.4s and ofc they will be ahead when a rpcd spot opens up. So there is nothing you can do. Always sign every bid sheet no matter what. You can still decline a position.
My question is how long can they hire off the same bid sheet? They’ve been hiring off the same sheet for four months. Said they were taking 6 and they’ve already hired 10.

My question is how long can they hire off the same bid sheet? They’ve been hiring off the same sheet for four months. Said they were taking 6 and they’ve already hired 10.
I don't understand how it can put it all on one bid sheet. If we have six spots open up we have six separate bids and everyone has a different date so that there's no question about seniority

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
My center posted a bid sheet for 22.4 drivers back in April. Most of the part timers didn’t understand the language in the building and decided to wait for a RPCD bid to show up. However, 22.4 drivers get seniority over part timers once those RPCD bids come up. Now most of them want another sheet to be put up but management keeps pulling drivers from the April 22.4 bid sheet when they said they were only taking 6 drivers. Is this a loud?
This is a local union issue and you need to contact your local union

Bigfoot

Hide & Seek Champion
22.4’s are new to our building starting next month. They put up one bid sheet to hire six new drivers. However, it’s been four months and their still taking names from the same sheet. It’s upset some guys from the preload who want to drive but feel like management isn’t giving them a fair shake. I’m not sure on the language of it all. Maybe they can keep pulling names from the same sheet. Would think they’d put up a new bid sheet by since it’s been four months.

542thruNthru

22.4’s are new to our building starting next month. They put up one bid sheet to hire six new drivers. However, it’s been four months and their still taking names from the same sheet. It’s upset some guys from the preload who want to drive but feel like management isn’t giving them a fair shake. I’m not sure on the language of it all. Maybe they can keep pulling names from the same sheet. Would think they’d put up a new bid sheet by since it’s been four months.
Silly question.... Have you spoken with a shop steward or called your BA?

I'm sure after the grave mistake that your fellow PTers made the first time of not understanding the language and asking questions that you obviously did you home work and spoke with one of those two individuals.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't understand how it can put it all on one bid sheet. If we have six spots open up we have six separate bids and everyone has a different date so that there's no question about seniority
We used to have an annual driver sheet go up.

If you didn’t sign you basically said you didn’t want to drive that year.

Tanktoptony

Becoming a rpcd is not dependent on you already being a 22.4. I was under the impression that I had to become a 22.4 to then be in line for a rpcd spot but this was not the case. All promotions to rpcd are based on company seniority. If you were part time and had more company seniority than a 22.4 who was just hired off the street you could be promoted to rpcd first as long as you signed the correct bid sheet.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Becoming a rpcd is not dependent on you already being a 22.4. I was under the impression that I had to become a 22.4 to then be in line for a rpcd spot but this was not the case. All promotions to rpcd are based on company seniority. If you were part time and had more company seniority than a 22.4 who was just hired off the street you could be promoted to rpcd first as long as you signed the correct bid sheet.
That wouldn’t work here. Full timers trump part timers seniority dates automatically. Pretty sure this is not correct, what supplement is this?

nWo

A low seniority RPCDs day and pay is going to be very similar to a 22.4s. So even if you somehow lucked into bidding straight into RPCD. You will be doing the same stuff. If your goal is to be RPCD then bid on 22.4 ASAP. And get that FT seniority date.