22.4 drivers, and the teamster conference call.

WTFm8

Just got done with union meeting.

My local says it's NOT guaranteed under the national, it's guaranteed in the supplement tho.

THE CATCH?

You PROBABLY won't be driving your route, you'll be performing inside work or shuttling missloads.

My local BA is voting down the national and yes on supplement.

22.4 is the #1 reason they say no followed by the changed vacation hour language from 800 to 1200hrs.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just got done with union meeting.

My local says it's NOT guaranteed under the national, it's guaranteed in the supplement tho.

THE CATCH?

You PROBABLY won't be driving your route, you'll be performing inside work or shuttling missloads.

My local BA is voting down the national and yes on supplement.

22.4 is the #1 reason they say no followed by the changed vacation hour language from 800 to 1200hrs.
Good size local?

Blackadder 2

All you need to know about how bad this deal is, is to look at how hard UPS is pushing to get it passed. UPS has a dream contract here and they know it, Hoffa gave them them everything they wanted and more.

VOTE NO>

The Real Jack RyanMI6

I sat through this conference call today, all I wanted to do is ask if regular driver hours are protected. Tell me that if I want to work I get to work. Until I gethou that confermation I'm voting NO! YOU SHOULD TOO!

WHY...

UPS is going to deliver packages as cheaply as they possibly can. Why wouldn't they.

If they can work a 22.4 driver 60 hours a week with no worries of 9.5 grievances they will.

I've been told the 22.4 jobs are combo (meaning they have to work part of the day inside). NOT SO!
The company can use these drivers anyway they want.

Yes your job as a driver is safe and protected.
If you want to work more then 8 hours in a day that time might be over if these jobs get created.

Granted these jobs only apply to centers that will be delivering weekends.
I guarantee that if your center delivers Saturdays, you will have a 25% increase in lower paid coworkers that will ensure that you will work no more then your guaranteed 8 hours a day.

Other then the creation of the 22.4 jobs this contract seems alright. Across the board our pay package is increased. I think stronger language needs to be put in place to protect regular package driver work. Essentially if driver wants the OT the 22.4 driver gets to kick rocks.
It would be more accurate if instead of combo use UPSs lingo... Flexible. Thus when thought of in this way you can understand UPSs true intentions. Being flexible means pure inside, either combo, or simplely drive. Its really more comprehensive that the union is willing to admit. This was UPSs stated goal to investors from the start. Any employee, any shift, any position, any car, any route, any driver. All parts are interchangeable. UPS has be using this word Flexible to describe there goals to investors for quite some time now.

Last edited:

Grey

if you are a RPCD, you WILL NOT have a 40 hour guarantee. You will be guaranteed 8 hours IF WORK IS AVAILABLE. With weekend deliveries you can gutting Monday workloads, there will be layoffs.

Will RPCD’s be able to do janitorial work around the hub if our route is out?

WTFm8

All you need to know about how bad this deal is, is to look at how hard UPS is pushing to get it passed. UPS has a dream contract here and they know it, Hoffa gave them them everything they wanted and more.

VOTE NO>

Our BA said UPS made a bonus offer of $2,000 for fulltime and $1,000 for part time by the 3rd meeting.

Trying to bribe for Yes votes.