22.4 full time.

OutAndAbout

Pretty new to the job and got a 22.4 full time position. Volume has dropped and i only worked once this week so far. I have a couple veteran driver buddies tell me im guaranteed 40 hours of work. My problem and experience is i deff have to choose my words carefully with management without sounding petty or demanding. Spoke to my steward and said were deff going in the office tomorrow and discuss my guaranteed work. Just getting annoyed driving to work and then getting told to go home. Gas is 4 dollars a gallon bro.

OutAndAbout

Pretty new to the job and got a 22.4 full time position. Volume has dropped and i only worked once this week so far. I have a couple veteran driver buddies tell me im guaranteed 40 hours of work. My problem and experience is i deff have to choose my words carefully with management without sounding petty or demanding. Spoke to my steward and said were deff going in the office tomorrow and discuss my guaranteed work. Just getting annoyed driving to work and then getting told to go home. Gas is 4 dollars a gallon bro.
Also is there any experience how to ask without sounding combative lol?

AccidentProne

Why is UPS hiring people off the street? What happened with starting from the bottom like everyone else?

Got to do years and years of PT, hope the people with seniority retire or decline, to get any offers of FT.

Zowert

Why is UPS hiring people off the street? What happened with starting from the bottom like everyone else?

Got to do years and years of PT, hope the people with seniority retire or decline, to get any offers of FT.
Times have changed. A lot of part timers have no desire to be a driver, when no one inside wants to bid on a 22.4 position then they hire off the street. I’ve seen bid sheets posted for a week without a single name on them. I’m sure it varies from center to center though.

OutAndAbout

I saw a supe yesterday all browned up at 7 pm when i got back….and i knoooow they dont wanna run a route. So im deff keeping my eyes open on what that was about.

AccidentProne

Times have changed. A lot of part timers have no desire to be a driver, when no one inside wants to bid on a 22.4 position then they hire off the street. I’ve seen bid sheets posted for a week without a single name on them. I’m sure it varies from center to center though.
It's not that PTimers don't bid, it's more that they don't announce that there is bids for X job. I didn't know there was a sign up sheet for extra shifts until someone told me where it was at.

All the new hires or people that been there for a few months don't know anything.

OutAndAbout

Me and 3 other drivers gotten full time within months. So im pretty grateful i dont have to wait years to progress to top rate.

OutAndAbout

It's not that PTimers don't bid, it's more that they don't announce that there is bids for X job. I didn't know there was a sign up sheet for extra shifts until someone told me where it was at.

All the new hires or people that been there for a few months don't know anything.
Thats UPS for you lol. No communication whatsoever. Then asking any management for instructions or help is pulling teeth or either that they sound extremely annoyed when you call them. I just ask other drivers or my shop stewards for help now.

Hub or preload managers don't want to give up their best workers to driving.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

Because you’re ordering stupid little phone chargers from Amazon.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Yeah I aint trying to be the most popular guy in my 4 months on the job lollll
Who cares and go get your guaranteed 8. Start having a voice now. You don’t have to be a jerk. Just tell them if they send you home. “I drove into work expecting to work I need my 8 hours today.” If they give you some stupid answer grab a shop steward immediately and tell him you want your 8.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

No part timers here want to drive. They see the crap drivers put up with and are like nope.