22.4 layoffs

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So in the past when vacations or volume was low RPCD get laid off and double shift for their 8. Can this be done with 22.4?

I thought I had heard 22.4 were to be given 8 consecutive hours or maybe it was like 22.3 and 1.5 hour break tops? Either way here we have about 8 hours between shifts.

newbie777

So in the past when vacations or volume was low RPCD get laid off and double shift for their 8. Can this be done with 22.4?

I thought I had heard 22.4 were to be given 8 consecutive hours or maybe it was like 22.3 and 1.5 hour break tops? Either way here we have about 8 hours between shifts.
You are guaranteed 8 hours five consecutive days. I’m friend they lay us off from driving we go into the hub. Pay doesn’t change.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Right but the hubs have consecutive shifts correct?
Most 22.4s here work preload then drive. A lot of times they just end up working preload and going home. They know they are guaranteed 8 but have no desire to work from 4am til close to 6 pm. It’s all a joke at this point. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard of supplements that don’t allow them to work preload, @542thruNthru i believe it was yours. This would alleviate many problems here.

Nah
Well that's what the contract says... For what that's worth...

Screenshot_20210824-064252.jpg

542thruNthru

This is the loop hole that the company has found that needs to be fixed.

You are correct that a 22.4 is guaranteed 8 hours and yes the language says no more than a 1.5 hour gap between shifts. The issue is that once they are "laid off" they are no longer under that language. The company then follows your supplemental layoff language.

I don't know what yours says but mine says they can either replace 1 pt position or 2 pt positions. There is nothing about gaps in the layoff language. Also they would go to the pt pay rate that their seniority dictates. So if they were hired off the street as a 22.4 and only have a year. They'll make $15 an hour.

542thruNthru

Most 22.4s here work preload then drive. A lot of times they just end up working preload and going home. They know they are guaranteed 8 but have no desire to work from 4am til close to 6 pm. It’s all a joke at this point. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard of supplements that don’t allow them to work preload, @542thruNthru i believe it was yours. This would alleviate many problems here.
You remember correctly.
Screenshot_20210824-070455_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

It alleviates the problem but not if they are laid off. I believe @tech209 knows this issue. The LA area during the pandemic was laying off 22.4s and they were being sent back into the building for less money.

PT Car Washer

You are correct that a 22.4 is guaranteed 8 hours and yes the language says no more than a 1.5 hour gap between shifts. The issue is that once they are "laid off" they are no longer under that language. The company then follows your supplemental layoff language.

I don't know what yours says but mine says they can either replace 1 pt position or 2 pt positions. There is nothing about gaps in the layoff language. Also they would go to the pt pay rate that their seniority dictates. So if they were hired off the street as a 22.4 and only have a year. They'll make $15 an hour.
Our Supplement goes further and says the FT must have more company seniority to replace a PT Union member.

newbie777

Layoff. At least not in the west. You’re laid off and not getting your pay but still doing what was considered part of your job before
Yeah I didn’t know any of that. I thought because part of our position was warehouse our pay would be protected. So we just get :censored2:ed every way. Supervisor tried telling me last week our seniority does not matter at all. Im in the west also.

PT Car Washer

Yeah I didn’t know any of that. I thought because part of our position was warehouse our pay would be protected. So we just get *ed every way. Supervisor tried telling me last week our seniority does not matter at all. Im in the west also.
Seniority counts for vacation picks and job bids.

Staydryitsraining

Are you asking to help the 22.4s out or do people believe they are getting the better end of the deal? 22.4s should be getting a consecutive 8 hours. Preload and libs, shuttle work, misloads, helping 9.5 drivers. Or preload and cleaning up the building. The 22.4s should be filing if they aren't getting a straight 8, let the panel decide what happens next. They might even decide 22.4s are entitled to the pt am air work if full time seniority trumps pt in the local. Worst case scenario they are forced to double shift preload and hub or local sort and tell them to rape ups for every hour possible. Non the less the last people leaving preload in the AM should be the 22.4s

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Who negotiated that? Hope they got something worthwhile for it