22.4 layoffs

newbie777

What did steward say about Saturday route selection?
He said seniority should be observed. So basically we can choose our routes, we should be allowed to bump a lower senior driver and rpcd can’t just come to help and cherry pick what they want to do. That’s the precedent, operation work with some concessions, for the most part things have been better

Phenom5

Pretty sure if your a 22.4 there is a good chance you're not in the top 90% of seniority. The bottom 10% of fulltime drivers actually aren't guaranteed 8 hours every day. But if you get laid off you just get pushed inside.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Layoff. At least not in the west. You’re laid off and not getting your pay but still doing what was considered part of your job before

We have never had a 22.4 work inside the building as part of a scheduled shift. All of us are out driving for 40-60 hours. However a few times we have had a 22.4 volunteer for preload to get some more hours, only to find that they were paid the PT rate for preloading. That does not seem right to me but I’m certainly not the one volunteering for preload so I never found out for sure if it was legit or not.

542thruNthru

Pretty sure if your a 22.4 there is a good chance you're not in the top 90% of seniority. The bottom 10% of fulltime drivers actually aren't guaranteed 8 hours every day. But if you get laid off you just get pushed inside.
You're right and wrong at the same time brother.
Yes central is top 90% but 22.4 language supersedes that language. (Green highlight)
Screenshot_20210824-203449_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

newbie777

Yes, we are not in driving, but the other half of our job is inside work. It is a combo position. Our needs to be protected when we go inside