22.4 red circled???

myreqoil

im not too well versed on the current contract and my stewards aren't very helpful so im looking for some clarity here....i was a part timer for 3 years and won the bid for what i was told by hr as a 22.4 position...long story short i made my 30 days and ive been driving for 4+ months now and my pay is still 85% of the top rate...well above 20.50 hr as stated in the contract as the rate for a 22.4...i saw on other forums people discussing something about a loop hole and being red circled as a 22.4 and being able to keep the rate thats over $32+ hr. which is what ive been making since i started. trying to figure out why this is the case...am i tcd and not 22.4 like i was told? or did i get through this loop hole and get red circled? not complaining .. just want to know what happened and if this is my set rate until the next contract?

Last edited:

kxs783kms

kxs783
Yes, if you made book as a TCD at $32/hr, then you're more than likely red circled at that rate. That's going to be your set pay for a few years until it becomes equal to where you should be in your progression. So around your 3rd year, give or take, that's when you'll see your pay start to increase until you top out at the max rate. If you started out as a 22.4 from the get go, that's when you would've had to go through the full pay scale progression. This was my case. I'm currently making $12 more than most new drivers with more seniority than me because I came out as a TCD and got red circled at the $32/hr rate. Of course they'll become a RPCD before me and get the extra perks but it still sounds like a pretty sweet deal if you ask me!

Overpaid Union Thug

This is ber
im not too well versed on the current contract and my stewards aren't very helpful so im looking for some clarity here....i was a part timer for 3 years and won the bid for what i was told by hr as a 22.4 position...long story short i made my 30 days and ive been driving for 4+ months now and my pay is still 85% of the top rate...well above 20.50 hr as stated in the contract as the rate for a 22.4...i saw on other forums people discussing something about a loop hole and being red circled as a 22.4 and being able to keep the rate thats over $32+ hr. which is what ive been making since i started. trying to figure out why this is the case...am i tcd and not 22.4 like i was told? or did i get through this loop hole and get red circled? not complaining .. just want to know what happened and if this is my set rate until the next contract?

myreqoil

This is ber

so you're saying its a mistake and i should report it? a few other new drivers in my center are going through the same thing...how could something like this go unnoticed and not be corrected asap? once i realized other drivers were getting paid the same after their 30 days i figured this wasn't an issue and must be our set rate.

myreqoil

Yes, if you made book as a TCD at $32/hr, then you're more than likely red circled at that rate. That's going to be your set pay for a few years until it becomes equal to where you should be in your progression. So around your 3rd year, give or take, that's when you'll see your pay start to increase until you top out at the max rate. If you started out as a 22.4 from the get go, that's when you would've had to go through the full pay scale progression. This was my case. I'm currently making $12 more than most new drivers with more seniority than me because I came out as a TCD and got red circled at the $32/hr rate. Of course they'll become a RPCD before me and get the extra perks but it still sounds like a pretty sweet deal if you ask me!
well HR told me before i started integrad in april that it was for a 22.4 position and weren't hiring tcd until july...but is the fact that my rate is $32.69 months later a sign that im actually TCD and not 22.4 like i was told? or is there any way to be able to tell if im tcd or 22.4? im just trying to figure out if my pay is 1. a payroll mistake 2. im tcd and not 22.4 like i was told or 3. im 22.4 but got through some kind of loop hole that grants me tcd pay based on this 30/120 thing i read about

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
well HR told me before i started integrad in april that it was for a 22.4 position and weren't hiring tcd until july...but is the fact that my rate is $32.69 months later a sign that im actually TCD and not 22.4 like i was told? or is there any way to be able to tell if im tcd or 22.4? im just trying to figure out if my pay is 1. a payroll mistake 2. im tcd and not 22.4 like i was told or 3. im 22.4 but got through some kind of loop hole that grants me tcd pay based on this 30/120 thing i read about

You need to ask all these questions to your supervisor, union steward, and hr.

Unknown1234

Sounds like you qualified as a TCD when you were part time and now are red circled as a 22.4. Did you ever drove as a part time at all? As far as knowing if you’re a 22.4 the center you drive for should have a list with the bid/22.4/cover drivers or you can simply ask your center manager or on road. Are you currently driving full-time?

D0hhh

Quick question... If you were a part timer preload and you were driving as a cover driver because you were a seasonal driver and came back as a preloader... what would your pay be if your from northern California.

charm299

What does your time card say? If it says ground driver then you are a 22.4, if it says package cover driver you are a tcd

myreqoil

What does your time card say? If it says ground driver then you are a 22.4, if it says package cover driver you are a tcd
yeah it says ground driver NOW, however it did say package cover driver for the 6 weeks i was in my packet. then it changed.

Last edited:

myreqoil

Sounds like you qualified as a TCD when you were part time and now are red circled as a 22.4. Did you ever drove as a part time at all? As far as knowing if you’re a 22.4 the center you drive for should have a list with the bid/22.4/cover drivers or you can simply ask your center manager or on road. Are you currently driving full-time?
i was a part time shifter. never drove for package car prior. time card says ground driver however, ill check list tuesday to clarify, thanks

myreqoil

I wouldn’t say anything, sounds like they qualified u as a tcd then switched u over to 22.4. Always play dumb if asked
that was my plan, i just heard rumors about people who had to pay everything they overpaid you back to the company...thats my only concern...i don't know if that applied to people in my situation..but still i dont want it to come back and haunt me.

holdingmybreath

i was a part time shifter. never drove for package car prior. time card says ground driver however, ill check list tuesday to clarify, thanks
Exact same thing is happening to me now, I got a call the other day from dispatch asking if I had made book. I figured my pay would drop now that they're actually classifying me or whatever, nope still 32 an hour but now I'm a ground driver.