KoennenTiger

Ask from the top and force from the bottom.

That's what they did here. At first they didn't force the cover drivers, right up until a bid route guy started asking why the cover guys weren't working Saturday. Now it's all cover guys. I hear that 22.4 are coming soon. I wonder what happens to the cover guys once that starts? They can't bump a 22.4 for a Saturday? I guess we'll see.

Staydryitsraining

That's what they did here. At first they didn't force the cover drivers, right up until a bid route guy started asking why the cover guys weren't working Saturday. Now it's all cover guys. I hear that 22.4 are coming soon. I wonder what happens to the cover guys once that starts? They can't bump a 22.4 for a Saturday? I guess we'll see.
Monday through Friday fsps or ftds still have seniority over work on Saturday and Sunday.

KoennenTiger

Monday through Friday fsps or ftds still have seniority over work on Saturday and Sunday.

Do you know what section of the contract that is in? For example if I want to bump a 22.4 guy off his Saturday stuff so I can get a sixth punch can I do that? Or only if I am somehow laid off one day? (which tbh I can't see happening)

JustDeliverIt

Do you know what section of the contract that is in? For example if I want to bump a 22.4 guy off his Saturday stuff so I can get a sixth punch can I do that? Or only if I am somehow laid off one day? (which tbh I can't see happening)

You can't bump anyone from one of their 5 scheduled work days to get a sixth. Fulfilling someone's 5 day guarantee comes first. But you can bump a lower seniority worker to obtain a sixth punch before they do or grieve for the hours if they worked it.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
You can't bump anyone from one of their 5 scheduled work days to get a sixth. Fulfilling someone's 5 day guarantee comes first. But you can bump a lower seniority worker to obtain a sixth punch before they do or grieve for the hours if they worked it.
Might gets me some of dat sheet

Staydryitsraining

I believe I saw it in the contract download the pdf and search. My ba also said the same thing

Staydryitsraining

I believe that NorCal is the only one with that language but I could be wrong.
For whatever reason the way it is explained is weekends are extra work. Monday through Friday guys have priority. Which makes sense considering no 22.4 is allowed on road if a fsp is not working. Meaning if work is available the m-friend guy can take it

542thruNthru

For whatever reason the way it is explained is weekends are extra work. Monday through Friday guys have priority. Which makes sense considering no 22.4 is allowed on road if a fsp is not working. Meaning if work is available the m-friend guy can take it

What region/supp are you under? Before the new contract Sat was considered extra work here but now 22.4s would have priority I believe.