24 hour notice question

lay90

as a full time i driver i have spent the past month covering a part timer who has become deathly ill. we work in a small hub and i am one of few that knows how to do his job in data que. its 4 o'clock now and seeing how our preload start time is 2:45 i was preparing to lay down soon but just revived a text via a on road supervisor that they need me on road tomorrow. does this fall under the 24 hour notice category.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Nope and Text Messages are non binding other agreements in violation of the contract.

If you responded that you are acknowledging the start time I don't know what to tell you.

Clearly it is not 24 hours notice though

That's horrible advice. You should have stayed away if that is what you are offering as far advice.
evs25XTFwjUQ0.gif

lay90

Nope and Text Messages are non binding other agreements in violation of the contract.

If you responded that you are acknowledging the start time I don't know what to tell you.

Clearly it is not 24 hours notice though

i never replied. im mostly worried about repercussions. our upper management as im sure any other hubs management team is very vindictive and bend and break the rules to benefit them. i just wanted to make sure i needed a 24 hour notice before showing up at preload start time.

542thruNthru

as a full time i driver i have spent the past month covering a part timer who has become deathly ill. we work in a small hub and i am one of few that knows how to do his job in data que. its 4 o'clock now and seeing how our preload start time is 2:45 i was preparing to lay down soon but just revived a text via a on road supervisor that they need me on road tomorrow. does this fall under the 24 hour notice category.

Where I am we do not have 24hr notice language in our supplement. So I can't answer that.

If you are a FT driver that is your primary job and not preload. I personally would show up to drive and tell them I will no longer show up for the preload shift. You did them a favor and this is how they treat you. It's not your job to cover for their bad staffing problems.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I wish I had 2:45 to dump 500 pieces onto some ghetto rollers before I even get to my slice of the packages.

Whose idea was it to take the heaviest line, add even more cars, and then take the heaviest assignments, and place rollers at the ends of them.

clean hairy

I wish I had 2:45 to dump 500 pieces onto some ghetto rollers before I even get to my slice of the packages.

Whose idea was it to take the heaviest line, add even more cars, and then take the heaviest assignments, and place rollers at the ends of them.
The same folks who came up with Orion??

IESucks

It doesn't matter what uve done for them....ever. Not 24 hour notice. Do what they want or tell them no and be a target.

35years

Gravy route
No more favors.
You are a driver. Drive unless laid off, period.
Skip the pre-load shift since he said to switch to driving.

Go back to driving, and never do the other job again.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Work as directed.