25 and out Central region before age 57

UPSmechanicinblue

If someone leaves UPS before the age of 57 with 25 years of service. Can they wait until age 57 to submit for retirement so the get the 2,500 instead of the 2,000 a month? Thanks

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had 35 years in at 57. Still here as the job keeps getting easier and easier and getting paid more and more each year.
It will depend on what job I'm doing. If I'm still a package car driver. Cya I'm gone.

If I get a sweet art 22 then they may have to kick me out. Lol

upschuck

Few and far between. Then your job is eliminated and back to midnight/ preload. Good luck being 50 years old having a 19 year old PT sup telling you how to do your job and you need to pick up the pace as he stands by playing with his smart phone.
I believe BrownSlave knows how to deal with the PT sup.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Few and far between. Then your job is eliminated and back to midnight/ preload. Good luck being 50 years old having a 19 year old PT sup telling you how to do your job and you need to pick up the pace as he stands by playing with his smart phone.
No midnight shift. All of our art 22 jobs 8 consecutive hours.

The Milkman

I had 35 years in at 57. Still here as the job keeps getting easier and easier and getting paid more and more each year.

I would think that after 35 years it would be time to enjoy life....Hang it up while you are still healthy..Lets see...if you live to age 77..that is 240 months left in your calendar....They go by fast..all the money in the world will not slow down the clock of life....What's to be gained? Entering my 8th year of retirement..left at 55.......Looking back..it was the best decision I ever made.......I did not want to limp out...I looked forward to kicking back and doing what I please when and if I wanted to. Time is something we can not buy...we are here on earth for just a breif time then the dirt nap ends it.........My time is worth more than any acct balance I can look at.....

tarbar66

I left at 55 also, no regrets and as The Milkman says time goes by too fast! There is another whole world outside of UPS, I only check in here occasionally for the entertainment factor.

ski or die

Ski or Die
I left with 30 years at age 49. Do not regret the decision at all. Co-worker left 1 month after me and passed away within 6 months of a heart attack while standing in a department store. Getting away from the physical abuse and mental abuse adds years to your life. I have my RV and Bass Boat and some great grandchildren and no other needs. Being able to create a lot of memories for them and my spouse and me while still physical able. Best decision I ever made.

The Milkman

I left at 55 also, no regrets and as The Milkman says time goes by too fast! There is another whole world outside of UPS, I only check in here occasionally for the entertainment factor.

Glad you guys are all in the same boat.........entertainment factor..I like that.........