25 years old, am I too old to do this?

swu102

I'm interested in becoming a delivery driver despite everyone telling me to run away.
I know that I'm gonna have to wait in line in order to obtain a spot. I'm located in Northern California if that matters. I've done a couple years of construction and am able bodied. I can work hard.

At what age did you guys start?
How long can I do this for?
What is the pension like?
Is working outdoors driving and delivering things as fun as it sounds?
How stressful is this job and does everyone get enough sleep a night? Assuming there's some time left in the day after work...

Edit: I mean....am I too old to get into this and make a career out of it? How many years can I expect to squeeze out of this?

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
monty-python-run-away-o.gif

Rack em

Made the Podium
It all depends on how long it takes to start driving. I didn't go full time until I was 26. You're still young enough to endure the late nights/early mornings of prelaod and the early years of delivering. Give it a shot.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm interested in becoming a delivery driver despite everyone telling me to run away.
I know that I'm gonna have to wait in line in order to obtain a spot. I'm located in Northern California if that matters. I've done a couple years of construction and am able bodied. I can work hard.

How stressful is this job and does everyone get enough sleep a night? Assuming there's some time left in the day after work...

Edit: I mean....am I too old to get into this and make a career out of it? How many years can I expect to squeeze out of this?
Hot chicks on every route. Hope you are ready for that?

Richard Cranium

Too many questions guy.

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
I started when I was 18. I'm 21 now and gonna be Going to driving school in a week.
How long would it take you to be FT? No one can answer. Every center is different.

swu102

It all depends on how long it takes to start driving. I didn't go full time until I was 26. You're still young enough to endure the late nights/early mornings of prelaod and the early years of delivering. Give it a shot.

How many years have you had prior to becoming full time?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Your right it's a freakin blast ride around all day listening to Sirius radio kicking a box out every now and then

Whatever your doing now quit asap and get on this gravy train