2nd week of vacation after 3 years (new contract)

Am I entitled to a 2nd week (PT) of vacation after 3 years of service? I thought that was the case.

Previous to 3 years I would get 20 hours of vacation time, and 25 hours of optional vacation hours.

When I hit 3 years, the only thing I noticed increase were my OPD hours. Is that where it equates?

I ask because, I put in 3 different weeks of vacation based on this assumption. One I already took, one next week, and one in September. I am a seasonal driver, so I picked the months I wouldn't be driving to insure no conflict. My PT supe assured me he "got my vacation dates in", as I texted them to him several times. I couldn't be there to pick them out due to illness but given my April vacation was for a trip to Denver, it was imperative I got the dates in.

bump, admin can move this thread to wherever appropriate but it's making me rather neurotic not knowing and the 705 offices are closed. My route isn't in tomorrow.

You get 20 vacation hours, and 25 optional hours (which are only paid after your seniority date). I have been in 2 different locals due to transfer and it wasn't any different. In my contract it states 2 weeks of vacation, which I interpret as the allotted 20 hours. My check reads =

VAC 20.00 - OPD - 0.00 OPW - 25.00,

In the beginning of the year, OPW was at 50.00. I used my OPD's, because I had some bad reactions to new medications. So no quarrel there. I just don't want to be delinquent for a week, as I am absolutely going on vacation no matter what the decree. 705's offices are closed. That's why I posted here.

40 and out

OPW-50.00 would be be 2 weeks option. thats not right. you should get 2 weeks vacation plus an option week this year. 3 weeks total

OPW-50.00 would be be 2 weeks option. thats not right. you should get 2 weeks vacation plus an option week this year. 3 weeks total

Thanks a lot man. That's precisely what I figured, and ever since I transferred from INBLO to ILJEFF my supervisors are pathetic at communication and policy understanding. I was a steward for 135, but since moving to 705 I just wanted to have my facts straight and wasn't sure if the vacation aspect was part of the national bargain.