2wks Notice

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I wouldn't say a word. Just show up for the next two weeks business as usual, take the hit tomorrow and when they give you crap just kinda laugh under your breath and walk away. When I leave this place the only people that will know are the one's processing my pension paperwork.

I filed my paperwork with the union, and immediately selected my six weeks of vacation. I also requested my five sick days and five personal days after the vacation weeks.

They figured it out pretty quick.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
My time has come! I have been offered a very good job where I will be able to pursue my career in IT. I will give my 2 weeks notice tomorrow but im afraid of what my manager might do during those two weeks, specially tomorrow.

I've been a (union) driver for 5 years and because I knew that I was going to be quitting, I have depleted all my sick and personal day since before peak. So my attendance hasn't been that great lately. Today my new HR wanted me to come to the office to start the paperwork so I had to call out, unpaid because I dont have any more time. Another driver called me and told me that my manager asked for a printout of my attendance.

I do not care if I get a write up tomorrow, but as the right thing to do I told my new employer that I will be starting with them in two weeks so im kind of worried if my manager can fire me for attendance and i will be out of work for 2 weeks. Can he do that? cus if he can I would rather tell my new employer that Ill start on monday and UPS can go friend themselves.
source.gif

IESucks

My time has come! I have been offered a very good job where I will be able to pursue my career in IT. I will give my 2 weeks notice tomorrow but im afraid of what my manager might do during those two weeks, specially tomorrow.

I've been a (union) driver for 5 years and because I knew that I was going to be quitting, I have depleted all my sick and personal day since before peak. So my attendance hasn't been that great lately. Today my new HR wanted me to come to the office to start the paperwork so I had to call out, unpaid because I dont have any more time. Another driver called me and told me that my manager asked for a printout of my attendance.

I do not care if I get a write up tomorrow, but as the right thing to do I told my new employer that I will be starting with them in two weeks so im kind of worried if my manager can fire me for attendance and i will be out of work for 2 weeks. Can he do that? cus if he can I would rather tell my new employer that Ill start on monday and UPS can go friend themselves.
Been a driver for 5 years and can't go two weeks without a check? You got more to worry about

IESucks

Ef em and and give them the same amount of time they would give you if they were to sever the relationship.

Volume is slow and there is always a peak hire they could get tomorrow to do your job.
Lmao. Do you think he cares who does his route?

40 and out

Similar Has happened in our center a few times, guys bring the truck back at like 11am or so and say they’re done.
We had a driver in my building retire that way. Delivered his Next Day Air, parked the package car, and had his wife come get him. Called them up and said "I'm done. The keys and Diad are in the back." HERO!!!

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
This right here! Lmao. Can you imagine the smiletnado this would cause?
"Not my problem anymore bro, I quit!" lmao Like that Louis CK bit about leaving rental cars at the airport gate. "It's not like they don't want their car back. They want you to put gas in it and bring it back but you can leave it anywhere!"

rocket man

You should. Make sure all grievances are settled. 401 k stock if you have some. All option days and vacations are squared up you have a lot to do. Also you have a lot pf money in back pay from aug. Contract not settled yet. You cant leave all that on table

Last edited:

Jackofnotrades

They can only write you up. They can't fire you right on the spot. Take the write up, as you give them your written notice of 2 weeks. Let your union shop steward or B.A know your intentions.they have to protect you up to the last day. Put the notice in so they can't turn around and fire you because you quit already. If all else fails call the 800 number and file a complaint...

Jackofnotrades

You should. Make sure all grievances are settled. 401 k stock if you have some. All option days and vacations are squared up you have a lot to do. Also you have a lot pf money in back pay from aug. Contract not settled yet. You cant leave all that on table
That will go to him regardless.call HR and ask for all hours of driving sense August 1,2018. Then keep track of the hours for the next 2 week's or keep the pay stubs.

Jackofnotrades

Your option days and vacation start all over the first of January. How did you deplete your vac already before peak if it resets the 1st