2wks Notice

Jondlc

My time has come! I have been offered a very good job where I will be able to pursue my career in IT. I will give my 2 weeks notice tomorrow but im afraid of what my manager might do during those two weeks, specially tomorrow.

I've been a (union) driver for 5 years and because I knew that I was going to be quitting, I have depleted all my sick and personal day since before peak. So my attendance hasn't been that great lately. Today my new HR wanted me to come to the office to start the paperwork so I had to call out, unpaid because I dont have any more time. Another driver called me and told me that my manager asked for a printout of my attendance.

I do not care if I get a write up tomorrow, but as the right thing to do I told my new employer that I will be starting with them in two weeks so im kind of worried if my manager can fire me for attendance and i will be out of work for 2 weeks. Can he do that? cus if he can I would rather tell my new employer that Ill start on monday and UPS can go friend themselves.

P

pickup

My time has come! I have been offered a very good job where I will be able to pursue my career in IT. I will give my 2 weeks notice tomorrow but im afraid of what my manager might do during those two weeks, specially tomorrow.

I've been a (union) driver for 5 years and because I knew that I was going to be quitting, I have depleted all my sick and personal day since before peak. So my attendance hasn't been that great lately. Today my new HR wanted me to come to the office to start the paperwork so I had to call out, unpaid because I dont have any more time. Another driver called me and told me that my manager asked for a printout of my attendance.

I do not care if I get a write up tomorrow, but as the right thing to do I told my new employer that I will be starting with them in two weeks so im kind of worried if my manager can fire me for attendance and i will be out of work for 2 weeks. Can he do that? cus if he can I would rather tell my new employer that Ill start on monday and UPS can go friend themselves.

Ef em and and give them the same amount of time they would give you if they were to sever the relationship.

Volume is slow and there is always a peak hire they could get tomorrow to do your job.

Brisket

Congratulations! Since you are vested I would either roll your 401k over to your new plan or just sit on it...

Wouldn’t worry too much about what the Mgr will say. Just roll with it.

Remember to get a withdrawal card just in case.

542thruNthru

Have you been written up for attendance in the last 9 months to a year? If not don't worry about it. They would have to write you up first.

Jondlc

Congratulations! Since you are vested I would either roll your 401k over to your new plan or just sit on it...

Wouldn’t worry too much about what the Mgr will say. Just roll with it.

Remember to get a withdrawal card just in case.
Thank you! I will

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

if your not showing up and using up all your free time, who cares

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Park that bitch at Hardee’s, toss the keys in the back, and Uber home.

P

pickup

UpstateNY would always tell everyone to give 2 weeks notice. I’m sure he is chomping at the bit to post because this is one of his pet peeves.

Brisket

But you also said you would not be working for two weeks, this weeks check is next week unless you mean your new employer will hold your first one.

Jondlc

But you also said you would not be working for two weeks, this weeks check is next week unless you mean your new employer will hold your first one.
I meant to say if he wants to fire me either for attendance or because he feels like firing me after giving my two weeks notice, then I will not work for two weeks because I told my new employer I will start in two weeks. Thats unless they start me earlier.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I meant to say if he wants to fire me either for attendance or because he feels like firing me after giving my two weeks notice, then I will not work for two weeks because I told my new employer I will start in two weeks. Thats unless they start me earlier.
I hear the Caribbean is nice this time of year, spend two weeks there then start your new job.

Johney

I wouldn't say a word. Just show up for the next two weeks business as usual, take the hit tomorrow and when they give you crap just kinda laugh under your breath and walk away. When I leave this place the only people that will know are the one's processing my pension paperwork.