3 1/2 question

Hello I'm wondering if the 3 1/2 guarantee pertains to our specific departments. I work in international and we're only getting an hour an half and after that we're being told that if we want to work 3 1/2 we need to clock out of international and clock into the sort to work in the hub for the remaining time cause they don't have work for us. I wouldn't mind doing so but have a injury and want to take it easy for a couple months before lifting anything too heavy for a long amount of time. I've heard stories about our boss cutting corners inorder to get a bigger bonus at the end of the year and want to make sure that's not what's happening here.

1 person with less seniority is working off site for only 2 hours and getting the 3 1/2 guarantee. Another with more seniority is getting to stay there the whole 3 1/2 but is the only one working after east pull

Thanks for any info

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hello I'm wondering if the 3 1/2 guarantee pertains to our specific departments. I work in international and we're only getting an hour an half and after that we're being told that if we want to work 3 1/2 we need to clock out of international and clock into the sort to work in the hub for the remaining time cause they don't have work for us. I wouldn't mind doing so but have a injury and want to take it easy for a couple months before lifting anything too heavy for a long amount of time. I've heard stories about our boss cutting corners inorder to get a bigger bonus at the end of the year and want to make sure that's not what's happening here.

1 person with less seniority is working off site for only 2 hours and getting the 3 1/2 guarantee. Another with more seniority is getting to stay there the whole 3 1/2 but is the only one working after east pull

Thanks for any info
if your in the union your guranteed 3 and a half, if you turn it down to get it then thats your fault

If there is not enough work for you in International then yes I believe you can be loaned out to the hub to make your guaranteed time. My building just recently eliminated 3 of 4 International positions.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Thanks for any info

If you want the guarantee then you have to go where they tell to work, you don't get the guarantee if you refuse the other work

Jkloc420

The real question is why their making him clock out and back in to get the 3 and half, is there a pay difference

542thruNthru

The real question is why their making him clock out and back in to get the 3 and half, is there a pay difference

Maybe 2 different time card systems.

Clocks out on the computer in international. Then clocks in again for operations. So that international isn't charged for his time in the hub.

Jkloc420

Maybe 2 different time card systems.

Clocks out on the computer in international. Then clocks in again for operations. So that international isn't charged for his time in the hub.
i have no clue, certainly possible, could be two different pay rates

iowa boy

ODC clerks are classified as clerks, not a local sorter or reloader, so it's a different classification. The part-timer doesn't have to clock out, they just have to change their classification code in the time card system once they start doing local sort work.

Returntosender

No the manager does not want to fudge the numbers. If he works in hub while on international payroll. Makes hub production numbers look better than it actually is. Ghost production employee

bowhnterdon

I disagree with this.
The article you reference is about air drivers, right?

Article 22 guarantees 3 1/2 hours for part timers.
Read the contract. Air PT are guaranteed 3 hours. Art 40 supersedes all other Articles on the same subject. If you are an air driver, you are guaranteed 3 , if you are not, you are guaranteed 3.5

bowhnterdon

If they cut you before the 3.5,then you will have to do other work if you want your guarantee.The clocking out I don’t get, seems you would just have to change work code on the Computer.In My Building,those PT International jobs have gone away