3 contracors 1 terminal good or bad "ISP" ?

under the isp model will they prefer less then three contractors in a terminal that covers almost 3500 miles a day rural routes ? my 2 routes and 1 sup covers about 1200 of that i have interested buyers of my routes i also have a OTP also brokers say i should be fine when transition kicks in due to there is only three contractors in my terminal the broker claim i lucked out what do guys think is it just bs i dont want stick someone with a bad investment and end up in court

It will be fine

I would guess they are more comfortable with 3 contractors than 2. Sounds like you run 4 trucks a day, you should be fine. Have your senior ask engineering for a straight answer. They probably won't commit yet, but they should tell you what they think.

Bounty

under the isp model will they prefer less then three contractors in a terminal that covers almost 3500 miles a day rural routes ? my 2 routes and 1 sup covers about 1200 of that i have interested buyers of my routes i also have a OTP also brokers say i should be fine when transition kicks in due to there is only three contractors in my terminal the broker claim i lucked out what do guys think is it just bs i dont want stick someone with a bad investment and end up in court
Don't you find this all to be nonsense, it's "your business" I wonder why "contractors" ask such questions as"am I allowed" "will Fedex let me". Independent my :censored2:

bbsam

Staff member
in that case, don't ask them anything. just do whatever you want and then they will do whatever they want. how do you think that "independence" will end up?

FedGT

Don't you find this all to be nonsense, it's "your business" I wonder why "contractors" ask such questions as"am I allowed" "will Fedex let me". Independent my :censored2:
Pretty easy explanation. You are a contractor FOR a company. Like every other contractor out their you have a contract under their rules. A lot of us are not being told :censored2: and we aren't asking :censored2:. We know we are going to keep contracting and that is that.

Bounty

Pretty easy explanation. You are a contractor FOR a company. Like every other contractor out their you have a contract under their rules. A lot of us are not being told :censored2: and we aren't asking :censored2:. We know we are going to keep contracting and that is that.
Most trucking companies do not have contracts that tell them how to pay their drivers, audit them, do background checks, what color to paint their trucks, what uniforms they must wear and put patches on employees shirts. Shall I continue!

Bounty

I'm pretty sure you would never be able to actually run a real independent business. Your X's good little lap dog.

FedGT

I'm pretty sure you would never be able to actually run a real independent business. Your X's good little lap dog.
I already have so don't try to throw out personal judgements when you have no idea, in the process of buying into another venture as we speak.
If you really want to go to that level, I know you can't. You couldn't figure out that single van contractors should have gotten out years ago even with them telling you constantly. You couldn't figure out how to maximize work to grow into multiple routes. You couldn't figure out how to not piss of your clientele. You can't figure out what a contractor is in multiple industries. You can't figure out how to get over yourself! You can't figure out how to maximize your time in another venture so you instead troll on message boards though out the entire day.

Bounty

Most trucking companies do not have contracts that tell them how to pay their drivers, audit them, do background checks, what color to paint their trucks, what uniforms they must wear and put patches on employees shirts. Shall I continue!
No response to this one. Huh?

Bounty

Also remember the routes you are mentioning have to buy product and solicit sales. It's not GIVEN to them. Like at X!

FedGT

Also remember the routes you are mentioning have to buy product and solicit sales. It's not GIVEN to them. Like at X!
Doesn't prove any of your points there buddy. It makes much of them less profitable especially the pepperidge farms. I would much rather get my product for free, free advertising, 10-20% organic growth of free, etc. this way of thinking with you solidifies my points of what type a businessman you would be.

Also yes many of the regulations do apply not all to all of them. Also why didn't you mention Ontrac and DHL???

dmac1

Ontrac drivers were On-trac uniforms, not Amazon uniforms even though Amazon is really their only shipper, at least out here.

FedGT

Ontrac drivers were On-trac uniforms, not Amazon uniforms even though Amazon is really their only shipper, at least out here.
They have many other shippers. I ordered a non commercial grade handtruck not through Amazon and it came ontrac, wife has ordered quite a bit that has shipped that way too