3 day suspension because tattletale-amatics said driver didn't have seat belt on

badsporh

He who is not with us, is against us.
This happened to package car driver in Western PA......guna file grievance for driver tomorrow.......just wanted some ideas of what article and section to sight..........long story short.......UPS sez driver keeps showing on the tattletale-amatics report for not having seatbelt clicked......3 or 4 times a day..........driver sez he has it on and doesn't understand why it's showin' like that..........UPS don't believe him..........gave warning letter cupla weeks ago........gave 3 day suspension last week.............ideas??

This happened to package car driver in Western PA......guna file grievance for driver tomorrow.......just wanted some ideas of what article and section to sight..........long story short.......UPS sez driver keeps showing on the tattletale-amatics report for not having seatbelt clicked......3 or 4 times a day..........driver sez he has it on and doesn't understand why it's showin' like that..........UPS don't believe him..........gave warning letter cupla weeks ago........gave 3 day suspension last week.............ideas??
I know this guy...our A-hole boss doesnt like him!!Its amazing he was a few weeks away from his last warning letter was ready to expire!! Go figure

badsporh

hey hey hey........no potty mouthin' about the bosses on here.......I was jus lookin' for some knowledge to best rep for the driver on this...........all of our bosses are fine, upstanding, awesome, cool, neatly dressed, well educated, good lookin' studs.................:happy-very:

hey hey hey........no potty mouthin' about the bosses on here.......I was jus lookin' for some knowledge to best rep for the driver on this...........all of our bosses are fine, upstanding, awesome, cool, neatly dressed, well educated, good lookin' studs.................:happy-very:
Sorry boss I didnt know you posted on this site! May I have a sickday tomorrow?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It has a glitches or a short someplace. No way can it be that he isn't wearing his belt. We had a bulkhead door open all day. They observed the driver that his door was closed. Got new sensors now its good. Did they observe him with belt off? Cant go by telematicßs alone. Fight it

It has a glitches or a short someplace. No way can it be that he isn't wearing his belt. We had a bulkhead door open all day. They observed the driver that his door was closed. Got new sensors now its good. Did they observe him with belt off? Cant go by telematicßs alone. Fight it
We had a driver going 55 mph in reverse for 7 miles!!!No glitches My @&**#!!( Sorry moderator I edited myself..please dont file a grievance on me!!)

badsporh

I'm guna fight it........just was lookin' for article and section to sight........and I can't believe none of you are impressed with my use of tattletale-amatics.......blah

brett636

I had my supervisor come to me back when I was an air driver and asked why I was taking my seatbelt off numerous times while driving. It was obvious that I wasn't and the sensor was bad, but this is why we shouldn't be able to get disciplined based on this information alone.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The seatbelt light on my dash comes on sometimes while I'm driving down the road with my seatbelt on, telematics is not fool proof.

YesYouDidPushAButton

I made a post here a few months ago. They tried to throw the book at me for backing 300+ times, for like 40 miles, sometimes as fast as 45 mph....
It absolutely wasnt a glitch !!

Turns out the reverse sensor in the transmission was no good and flickered the reverse lights as I drove along

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
First and foremost, Article 6 clearly says "on a first offense"... and after a warning letter is issued, the company has met its requirements and can proceed with discipline.

Second, the issue is called "forced errors", and you must challenge a "forced error" by grieving the accuracy of the equiptment. In order to do so, you must request that a supervisor drive the truck all day long on the normal business day and compare if there are any "violations" during the ride.

If not, then my friend, your buddy is friend.O.S.

When Telematics was first implemented, many drivers just couldnt get out of the habit of not seltbelting. Its a "learned" behavior that is hard to break if you have done this job for years.

If you can prove that the equiptment is faulty and sending "forced errors" back to the company, then all discipline should be removed and no further discipline ( on that vehicle ) can be taken unless the equiptment is replaced and tested again.

While I will give your driver the benefit of the doubt in this conversation, I will say, that most likely, he is not seltbelting as he should and his methods need to change.

If the company is relying on telematics alone, then you have a chance, however, if the driver is physically observed driving without a seatbelt, then most likely he will be terminated on the spot of the occassion.

Hope that helps you.

Peace

TOS