3 Different Pay Rates Last Week

JJinVA

So I was going through my timecards, and just happened to look at last weeks (which I admittedly normally dont do I just look at the current weeks), and noticed that someone had went in and edited my pay rates for Thursday Friday and Saturday. Monday through Wednesday I was getting paid $28.17/hr as a new 22-4 who has already qualified. Thursday through Saturday it ranges from $27.14 (temp pay) to $14/hr (preload pay for doing sort/load in the DIAD), and $25/hr for ground driver...

It seems to me like someone is shaving a few bucks off here and there when they think Im not looking anymore. Im gonna say something to one of the stewards in the morning and also the dispatcher to see what the deal is. Anyone dealt with something like this?

JJinVA

$28/hr as a (new) 22-4, what local are you?

$28.75, but again, i had been driving as a temp for several months before and according to HR already qualified. *shrug* Some days say $28.75, some say $27.14, some say $25, some say $14.00 for unskilled preload for my sort and load time (which should be $15 anyways being Ive been there over a year and got a raise).

JJinVA

Lawyer up

In gonna talk to the dispatcher tomorrow and also the union steward (the one I like anyways who I think doesn't take any codswallop), and see where it goes. I actually don't even know what I'm supposed to be making at this point I've heard and seen so many different numbers

JJinVA

One thing is for sure though, if they are over-paying me, they're gonna want their money back. If they are under-paying me, I might have to get one of the bigger Union doggs involved

542thruNthru

They are coding your work day differently to hide numbers. Its not to take money away from you its to make them look a little better. Happens here all the time. They don't usually realize that it's changing your pay. Tell them what you should be making and tell them you want it in 2 days. If they don't, file Article 17 and demand penalty pay.

deeztier

They are coding your work day differently to hide numbers. Its not to take money away from you its to make them look a little better. Happens here all the time. They don't usually realize that it's changing your pay. Tell them what you should be making and tell them you want it in 2 days. If they don't file Article 17 and demand penalty pay.

happened to me all peak. reason was, they didn't change my part time status to full time until January. file file file.

JJinVA

They are coding your work day differently to hide numbers. Its not to take money away from you its to make them look a little better. Happens here all the time. They don't usually realize that it's changing your pay. Tell them what you should be making and tell them you want it in 2 days. If they don't, file Article 17 and demand penalty pay.

I know they do that, but this center has already lost supes to this before. Some got fired/demoted over it so my suspicions are running high

542thruNthru

I don't have a union handbook yet so I don't know what that states

Screenshot_20200527-192425_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

JJinVA

22.4 pay depends if you were combo, cover driver, air driver, off street, part time, etc.

if current pay is lower than 20.50, then you get 20.50.

My current pay rate prior to the combo 22.4 was $27.14 as a temp driver and hr told me that would be my starting pay. I was driving since Nov last year as temp until mid Jan, and was driving air since then and started back temping in April w the covid stuff