3 person heist operations?

KevinWhipaloo

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. - Surveillance photos of the suspects accused of robbing a UPS truck in Rockville earlier this month have been released.

Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Department shared the images Thursday and asked for the public's assistance in identifying the men.

Police said the delivery truck theft took place on Jan. 10 near the Target in the 5700 block of Bou Avenue.

The investigation by detectives revealed that around 10:50 a.m., two unknown suspects entered the UPS truck while the driver was inside a building making deliveries.

Once inside, police said the suspects forced their way into the back of the truck and stole multiple packages. A third suspect, wearing a security uniform allegedly stood in the area as a lookout.

REWARD: $50K reward offered for information on man suspected of robbing USPS mail carrier

All three suspects, police said, left the scene in two separate similar-style vehicles.

Anyone heard of this happening at their hubs?

Johney

Many years ago a driver from my building who picked up the Motorola building(during the beeper craze)that shows how long ago, was hijacked, tied up and thrown in the back of his package car and driven out west for the stuff to be unloaded. He was able to open the back door and jump out into traffic, the culprits were later caught. Guy never worked again. As a side note the scumbags never spent more than a minute in jail.

Back in the olden days, I was robbed at gunpoint by 4 guys. The guy with the shaking hands holding the gun was more scared than I was. I told them I lived through Nam and don't want any trouble. They calmed down and checked the few packages I had left in the pkg car. Almost all deliveries gone and no pick ups yet. Bad timing on the bad guys part. They left me in the back so I could have a cigarette and calm down. Stuff still happens today but is kept pretty quiet.

PPH_over_9000

Yeah... we get kind of wild with it out here in the DMV. Nothing too crazy, but I mean....

Like just a few weeks ago we had a dude pull up on a driver and supe (ojs ride) acting a fool. Driver went for the package, supe went to check out the crazy guy.
Dude had on a ski mask and pulled a pistol, before you know it the supe's run back to the truck and him and the driver are locked in the back-- laying down fetal either on or underneath the shelves, I can't remember which.

Apparently the dude tried to kick the bulkhead door open, gave up, then drove off and shot at a few folks a town or two over from where this all happened.

They got him, though. Wanted Waldorf Man Arrested After Threatening Two Deliverymen with Firearm and Committing Shooting in PG County - Southern Maryland News Net

Luckily we haven't been carjacked out of our center yet but hey, who knows what the future holds?

The bright side? Our management team has assured us that we'll never be asked to meet customers on-road again, but that'll probably change once they feel like enough time's passed.

Last edited:

Commercial Inside Release

Rockville, Maryland... Home of McGruff the Crime Dog.
Call him, and take a bite out of crime.

McGruff.jpg

JustDeliverIt

Surprised it doesn’t happen more often now that the company stupidly gives everyone our exact GPS coordinates.

Why do it at all. 98% of our residential stops are left on a porch. All someone would have to do is be one street behind and pick stuff up. Cops don’t bother following up most times on porch pirates and no felony charges when a weapon is involved.

Then again, if you’re looking to steal stuff I guess clear thinking is not always present.