3 rides already this year and they are threatening more

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
as usual we are not getting the full story.

my bid feeder run was scheduled for 10:20. of course they did not import wash time or fueling. i wish i kept my schedule to post here.. 15 minutes for pretrip and hooking up a trailer. or 24 minutes for pretrip and hooking up doubles. and 15 minutes for TA. 20 minutes to break up a set of doubles and put both trailers and dolly away .get real.

my average day was between 11 and 11:15 and they always wanted to know why. my last 5 ride alongs ( on the same bid ) clocked in at 11:45 to 12 hours with a supe. ( worked completely by the book ) each time i asked them if they had any suggestions and each time they had none. ( said i did a good job )

UPS supes are complete hypocrites. work safely and by the methods and forget about time allowances. if they bitch then have them ride along and show you how's it done. maybe , just maybe you will learn something but i doubt it.

some of our on road supes were hourly at one time and couldn't hack it so they crossed over to management . " do as I say , not as I do " mentality.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
as usual we are not getting the full story.

my bid feeder run was scheduled for 10:20. of course they did not import wash time or fueling. i wish i kept my schedule to post here.. 15 minutes for pretrip and hooking up a trailer. or 24 minutes for pretrip and hooking up doubles. and 15 minutes for TA. 20 minutes to break up a set of doubles and put both trailers and dolly away .get real.

my average day was between 11 and 11:15 and they always wanted to know why. my last 5 ride alongs ( on the same bid ) clocked in at 11:45 to 12 hours with a supe. ( worked completely by the book ) each time i asked them if they had any suggestions and each time they had none. ( said i did a good job )

UPS supes are complete hypocrites. work safely and by the methods and forget about time allowances. if they bitch then have them ride along and show you how's it done. maybe , just maybe you will learn something but i doubt it.

some of our on road supes were hourly at one time and couldn't hack it so they crossed over to management . " do as I say , not as I do " mentality.
I could see a pretrip on a rig and hooking to a zzz being 15-20 minutes as long as the trailer was where it said it was in the ivis...but 24 minutes for a set when you have to move the dolly into place first... That seems like not enough time ... I'm usually at 45 minutes and at least 10 of that is searching the yard trying to find the tractor. Maybe the drivers who back their first box and dolly to the rear box will be at 24 minutes but I'm taking longer...safety first

wayfair

swollen member
I could see a pretrip on a rig and hooking to a zzz being 15-20 minutes as long as the trailer was where it said it was in the ivis...but 24 minutes for a set when you have to move the dolly into place first... That seems like not enough time ... I'm usually at 45 minutes and at least 10 of that is searching the yard trying to find the tractor. Maybe the drivers who back their first box and dolly to the rear box will be at 24 minutes but I'm taking longer...safety first
thought you were allowed at least 45 min for pretrip..... not 11`

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
There are several ladies in my center that would leave you in the dust.

One of them drives a 1000 in one of the worst routes in Boston.

Drives the truck like she stole it, out-works any of the young-buck cover drivers who get the misfortune of covering her route when she's off or on vacation.

Sorry guy, you couldn't keep up with her.

Does she get paid more for that?

Just wondering

vvv

My last 3 day OJS was last summer, after I took them for $1,300 in penalty pay.

It got them nowhere,.....again.
On the 3rd day I asked my On-Road Supe if he was coming again on Friday and he replied, "I hope not".

I always tell them, "that's your seat, brown up".

They are welcome to ride with me any day they like.
Always nice on a rainy day when you have "company" to play "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" on continuous repeat for a good 10 hours in the buggy. :)