3 years in as reg temp driver —do I take 22.4?

PMMP

I’m 3 years into my reg temp progression…drive 5-6 days a week.

I’m being pressed to take a 22.4 but my understanding is that I’ll cap out at a lower rate (22.4) than if I passed on it and got to my reg temp top rate and then took a 22.4 (as I’d get to keep my reg temp top rate in the 22.4). Is that correct? Would you pass on the 22.4 and hold out for the top rate since it’s higher than the 22.4 top rate?

charm299

I’m being pressed to take a 22.4 but my understanding is that I’ll cap out at a lower rate (22.4) than if I passed on it and got to my reg temp top rate and then took a 22.4 (as I’d get to keep my reg temp top rate in the 22.4). Is that correct? Would you pass on the 22.4 and hold out for the top rate since it’s higher than the 22.4 top rate?
Where Im at you get red circled at current rate if your a tcd

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

Don’t pass it up , those people will jump you that signed it once they acquire a full time seniority date ....

YOU WILL NEVER BE A RPCD!!!!
✊🧔

Commercial Inside Release

Stay where you are for the entire 4-year progression and acquire top rate, then go for a 22.4 or (preferably) an RPCD position. You should be red-circled at that rate in most locals.

Your wages are set in stone. Seniority ranking is open to a variety of variables that can change in a heartbeat.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Stay where you are for the entire 4-year progression and acquire top rate, then go for a 22.4 or (preferably) an RPCD position. You should be red-circled at that rate in most locals.

Your wages are set in stone. Seniority ranking is open to a variety of variables that can change in a heartbeat.
What is your position at UPS young man ?
✊🧔

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
What’s seniority get you? ...better Vacation picks , better chance of getting personal days approved , not working 6 days a week ...getting your own route, 9.5 protection...

✊🧔

Commercial Inside Release

Take the wages. If you are on the schedule, you can demand your 8hrs when you are a 22.4 or RPCD, or file unemployment if they lay you off. Just be sure you have qualified, and do have a seniority date in your new classification. (Not sure of your local or exact current classification.)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Take the wages. If you are on the schedule, you can demand your 8hrs when you are a 22.4 or RPCD, or file unemployment if they lay you off. Just be sure you have qualified, and do have a seniority date in your new classification. (Not sure of your local or exact current classification.)
B89162FF-C15D-47EB-BF60-E6EB978E8745.gif

PMMP

What’s seniority get you? ...better Vacation picks , better chance of getting personal days approved , not working 6 days a week ...getting your own route, 9.5 protection...

✊🧔
Yeah I hear you. I’m torn cuz I’m getting far enough in seniority as reg temp that I’m not working every Saturday…I’m on a route no one wants…been there for a year. No problems getting personal days approved. So debating whether to stick it out one more year to get top rate or jump to 22.4, be stuck at a lower rate for the duration of my career, and work Tuesday-Saturday until I get a RPCD. Appreciate all the advice. Trying to understand what I’m not considering to help with my decision making.

allahuakbar

She/Her
If zucks really gonna kill 22.4 it’s your best bet. Let’s say in 2 years they kill 22.4. You’ll be converted to a rcpd. Better than being whatever a temp cover driver is.