30 days

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Even as a casual driver? I will be done with my 30 next week.

You could have mentioned that earlier. I don't know what a casual driver is. We use seasonal drivers for peak, but they don't go through a 30 day qualifying period. It depends on what a "casual driver" is. It depends on if you are still around after the contract goes into effect. If you are a permanent hire and not seasonal, the company might be able to reclassify you as a 22.4 and you would not be receiving any retro pay, as you are making the starting wage of a 22.4 driver. There are many factors involved, but, if you are due any extra money in retro pay, it will have begun accruing August 1st. The 30 days qualification period doesn't impact that.

Mr.Brown1982

I’m currently a casual driver I started in July worked until sep15 was laid off until oct 15th. Now I’m running my 30 days and will be done next week. Casuals in my area work six months out of the year and usually have the option to work in side the other six ( with a pay cut) I think I was pretty lucky to come off the street start my 30 days 4 months later to become a full time cover.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I’m currently a casual driver I started in July worked until sep15 was laid off until oct 15th. Now I’m running my 30 days and will be done next week. Casuals in my area work six months out of the year and usually have the option to work in side the other six ( with a pay cut) I think I was pretty lucky to come off the street start my 30 days 4 months later to become a full time cover.
Here you’d have to be hired onto the P/T shift and make seniority P/T if you worked inside the building, outside of the free period. At that point you’d be used as a TCD during the free periods since you would now be classified as P/T and would no longer be considered a casual. Once you were the senior TCD they’d allow you to move into a friend/T package job, and make the friend/T list, as people retire or they’re short handed come non free period/January. Don’t be surprised if management attempts to classify you as 22.4 once the contract is settled.

Indecisi0n

You have a really big head.