30 extra stops on Friday

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
Another Friday and a extra 30 stops. Our dispatcher seems to enjoy giving drivers without 2 over 9.5's in during the week a "Friday special" dispatch. Doesn't the new contract cover this? We haven't received our new contract books yet. Does anyone have the article and specific language? Has anyone filed on this and what was the outcome?

Future

Victory Ride
Nothing to file. If you are over9.5 for 3 days in a week you can place your name on the 9.5 list ...Then they can only give you 2 over 9.5 days a week. Yes it does seem they like to hand out FU FRIDAYS.

Future

Victory Ride
They usually like to bookend my ass Monday 11hrs and Friday 11hrs.....nothing i can do but go to the bank on thursdays.... It does suck at times

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
I'm on the 9.5 list. They seem to bend over backwards to send help Mon through Wed to keep us from going over 9.5 so they will have the option to tee off on us Thur and Fri. I thought the new contract has specific language on this.

Future

Victory Ride
I'm on the 9.5 list. They seem to bend over backwards to send help Mon through Wed to keep us from going over 9.5 so they will have the option to tee off on us Thur and Fri. I thought the new contract has specific language on this.
They can nail you 2 times a week to high heaven... the other 3 days have to be under 9.5

Future

Victory Ride
...and 99% of the time they would be right...

My old on-car knew that if he loaded me up it would piss me off and I would burn it up just to show him.
Who you kiddin your a route burner 5 days a week... lunch skippin....probably go in 30 mins early to sort and load your truck

The new contract does have language in it. Until all the supplements are passed, we are still working under the terms of the old contract.

rod

Retired 22 years
"Extra work on Friday because the guys will work faster to get off early" is classic UPS Management 101. Its just another ploy to get the "numbers" for the week to look better. I always enjoyed throwing a monkey wrench into their Friday plan by purposely dragging my feet if I had nothing special going on. They really liked to pile on the work if they knew you wanted off early. We had no "9.5" sign up back then.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They usually like to bookend my ass Monday 11hrs and Friday 11hrs.....nothing i can do but go to the bank on thursdays.... It does suck at times
Actually the new contract is supposed to stop exactly this. There is language. Problem is it hasn't been ratified yet.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
...and 99% of the time they would be right...

My old on-car knew that if he loaded me up it would piss me off and I would burn it up just to show him.
I must be a 1% type guy. I never make plans on Friday and even if I'm making the 4 hour trek to my parents for the weekend after work on Friday. I would rather get in at 1-2 am then skip break and work unsafe.