30 Marines, 1 Sailor Die in Helicopter Crash

Indecisi0n

CAMP FALLUJAH, Iraq (NNS) -- Thirty Marines and one Sailor from the 1st Marine Division and the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing of the I Marine Expeditionary Force died Jan. 26 when their CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter crashed near Ar Rutbah in the Al Anbar Province while conducting security and stabilization operations.

All Marines, Sailors, Soldiers and Airmen of the I Marine Expeditionary Force mourn the tragic loss of our brothers in arms.

A recovery team is at the crash site, and the cause of the crash is currently under investigation.

The names of the deceased are being withheld pending next of kin notification.

"While we mourn the loss of these heroes, we will honor their sacrifice by continuing our mission to bring democracy to the people of Iraq," said Marine Lt. Gen. John friend. Sattler, commanding general, I Marine Expeditionary Force. "To the families of these brave men, our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to you at this most difficult of times."

Will this get 8 pages ? Will the News , TMZ or even a public paper report it?
Sad , RIP heros

bacha29

CAMP FALLUJAH, Iraq (NNS) -- Thirty Marines and one Sailor from the 1st Marine Division and the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing of the I Marine Expeditionary Force died Jan. 26 when their CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter crashed near Ar Rutbah in the Al Anbar Province while conducting security and stabilization operations.

All Marines, Sailors, Soldiers and Airmen of the I Marine Expeditionary Force mourn the tragic loss of our brothers in arms.

A recovery team is at the crash site, and the cause of the crash is currently under investigation.

"While we mourn the loss of these heroes, we will honor their sacrifice by continuing our mission to bring democracy to the people of Iraq," said Marine Lt. Gen. John friend. Sattler, commanding general, I Marine Expeditionary Force. "To the families of these brave men, our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to you at this most difficult of times."

Sad , RIP heros
Another helicopter down. Seems like one everyday.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Sad , RIP heros
As horrible as it was, you might want to check the date.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Or it is the fault of the poster for fake newzzzing us into thinking this happened yesterday when it happened in 2005.

No less a tragedy, but not current news. ttku :speechless2:

Box Ox

Or it is the fault of the poster for fake newzzzing us into thinking this happened yesterday when it happened in 2005.

No less a tragedy, but not current news. ttku :speechless2:

I think there might be a move to blame the Challenger explosion on Trump as November nears and TDS panic sets in.