30% reduction

feeder05

Heard center manager's recieved a 30% reduction in their end of the year bonus this year, while the board of directors gave themselves a 10% raise. My guess they are trying to push out the old managers to be replaced by younger cheaper ones.... Think I'll put my letter in HA!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Heard center manager's recieved a 30% reduction in their end of the year bonus this year, while the board of directors gave themselves a 10% raise. My guess they are trying to push out the old managers to be replaced by younger cheaper ones.... Think I'll put my letter in HA!
Bonus time hasn't come yet

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My management team got a 100% MIP last year and just had a very successful Peak Season even though IE blew the volume forecast by 25%. They were told the bonuses would only be close to 75%, they aren't happy at all.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't know if it's a cost cutting measure but we haven't had a supervisor for my group since before peak. I'm not complaining at all, but it's a little strange.

purehavanne

Thats why I find it hilarious the extent to which a sup would go to try to screw a driver on behalf of this company. The reality is UPS does not give a damn about either of us! When will they realize this!?

UPSGUY72

My management team got a 100% MIP last year and just had a very successful Peak Season even though IE blew the volume forecast by 25%. They were told the bonuses would only be close to 75%, they aren't happy at all.

MIP factor this year is 70%. Which is posted on Upsers.com That Doesn't mean 70 % of there pay either. It 70% of there set Bonus each year which differs depending on Your position. Which if you do a google search you would find out UPS has to disclose that info..

CEO* 165 %
Management Committee* 130 %
Region Manager 90 %
District Manager 85 %
Region Staff Manager 75 %
District Staff Manager 60 %**
Mid Manager 34 %**
Supervisor 17 %**

rod

Retired 22 years
MIP factor this year

CEO* 165 %
Region Manager 90 %
District Manager 85 %
Mid Manager 34 %**
Supervisor 17 %**

pt sups----you owe them money

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
MIP factor this year is 70%. Which is posted on Upsers.com That Doesn't mean 70 % of there pay either. It 70% of there set Bonus each year which differs depending on Your position. Which if you do a google search you would find out UPS has to disclose that info..

CEO* 165 %
Region Manager 90 %
District Manager 85 %
Mid Manager 34 %**
Supervisor 17 %**
Am I understanding this correctly?
So... they are all getting 70% of their bonus which is the set percentage of income you listed above?

For example...A Mid Manager has a set bonus of 34% of his annual salary, of which he will receive 70% this year?

Are you kidding me? District managers get a set bonus of an additional 60% of their income? Of which they will "only" receive 70% this year?

I knew they got big bonuses, but come on. I don't want to ever hear a manager talk about how we drivers are overpaid.

DieHardUPSER

Am I understanding this correctly?
So... they are all getting 70% of their bonus which is the set percentage of income you listed above?

For example...A Mid Manager has a set bonus of 34% of his annual salary, of which he will receive 70% this year?

Are you kidding me? District managers get a set bonus of an additional 60% of their income? Of which they will "only" receive 70% this year?

I knew they got big bonuses, but come on. I don't want to ever hear a manager talk about how we drivers are overpaid.

Not that simple, first off it is not guaranteed you have to be recommended. Second you only get half and the other half is put into a restricted fund that is paid out to you over 5 years. Third if you leave UPS you lose all of it, also known as the golden handcuffs. Fourth the government takes 40% minimum of your so called bonus. So let's take the center manager making $100,000 a year. First is the 34% so $34,000. Next half is restricted so you are left with $17,000. Next the factor of 70% so you are down to $11,900. And now the government takes 40% so you are left with $7,140.

UPSGUY72

Not that simple, first off it is not guaranteed you have to be recommended. Second you only get half and the other half is put into a restricted fund that is paid out to you over 5 years. Third if you leave UPS you lose all of it, also known as the golden handcuffs. Fourth the government takes 40% minimum of your so called bonus. So let's take the center manager making $100,000 a year. First is the 34% so $34,000. Next half is restricted so you are left with $17,000. Next the factor of 70% so you are down to $11,900. And now the government takes 40% so you are left with $7,140.

Only SUP and Mid mangers get option to take 1/2 in cash. People above mid managers can only take 1/3 in cash. the first year everything is put in RPU's.

dudebro

You guys are missing the other part of the bonus, where mgmt is given a bonus for holding stock, up to a months salary (or 8 1/3%). E.g., an older business manager who hasn't been through 3 divorces is probably getting 42 1/3% times the MIP factor, sups with enough stock get 25 1/3%.

Then this is divided as described above with the RSUs and the tax rate. You DO get the portion of taxes back between your effective rate, and the 39.6% bonus rate they withhold, at tax time as well.

UPSGUY72

You guys are missing the other part of the bonus, where mgmt is given a bonus for holding stock, up to a months salary (or 8 1/3%). E.g., an older business manager who hasn't been through 3 divorces is probably getting 42 1/3% times the MIP factor, sups with enough stock get 25 1/3%.

Then this is divided as described above with the RSUs and the tax rate. You DO get the portion of taxes back between your effective rate, and the 39.6% bonus rate they withhold, at tax time as well.

We have a winner.