300 miles

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Any of you have routes in your center that push 300+ miles everyday? If so what's the stop count on a route like that look like?

We have a few that sit around 250 most days. Dispatch treats them about the same as a 200 mile route though. Depending on the type of roads 50 miles can make a huge difference.

Ps. Feeders we don't need to hear about your 450 mile 2 stop routes :p

Bizzob232

2nd generation UPSer
We have one that's been about 275 during peak with several bad hits. Rock hall, MD. There's a natural resources management area on route that's about 30 miles round trip to their office (closes at 1600) so you generally have to break route and go over some area again. 275 is an anomaly but it's over 230-240 everyday. Usually about 100-110 stops

brostalss

Came across a driver in Pahrump,NV who does about 35 stops on a heavy day. Does pick ups in Death Valley,Ca. He also brings out stops for a few routes who never even see the Hub out of North Las Vegas. Crazy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
70 stops 300 miles. 110 stops 230 miles. What the hell. Do u guy drive 80 every where and just pitch stuff out the door? Or do u work 12 hours every day?

​407 numbers look more reasonable.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
On one edge of our delivery area (less than 30 miles from the building), the drivers on the "other side" are from a building that's 75+ miles from the delivery area. There's a major grocery store that's in the township the other building delivers to, but it has an address in the city that we deliver to, and the driver from that area takes his lunch at the Subway inside the grocery store so I got to occasionally chat with him. I don't know his mileage, but it'd have to be pushing at least 250, and last peak he was upset that he was dispatched with 70-something stops, so the number must be much lower during the year.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Came across a driver today that did about 400 and something miles. He almost worked 12 hrs, he said he gotta get off the clock before 12 because the government can sue ups for making drivers work 12 or more hours, something like that.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
95 stops and 330 miles is the most I have done. We have 2 routes that push 300 most days. On the one route there are 2 stops that take an hour each. If you have them both on the same day..........

EmerCond421

424 is the most I've done. Usually average about 330-350 miles; low stop count about 25 average. Leave about 8:45 but have to be back by 1800 to make the feeder with P/U's.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
probably depends on the area it serves,,, in Boston, we still have p 1000's made in early 80's with 200 k plus mile on some ... If they break down , most are only 5 to 10 mikes from one of the 4 buildings that serve Boston and the surrounding suburbs ...

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It means u don't know what your talking about. Ups sued for someone working over 12?

You ain't even know

Not me. It's the driver who said that. He said UPS can get into trouble for making/letting drivers work over a particular hour. I think he said 11 or 12. So if you want to deal it out with him, tell me so I can tell him today when I go at work so I can get his number, and you two meet up somewhere and settle it. Sounds good?