3147 Hours

Brown54

We have a driver who has 3147 hours for the year. Is that a record or something? He works about all vacations and cashes out his week of sick pay.
Just a working fool? But six digit pay!
Any other package driver with over 3000 hrs?

babboo25

Banned
With the exception of a financial emergency why would anyone not take their vacation. It's part of our contract and I think we should have to take vacations. It's not fair to laid off drivers if someone is doing this. 3100 hours is insane, i worked 2400 hours and that is plenty for me.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I worked just under 2500 hours myself, thats a little over nine hours a day average. 3147 hours divided by 52 comes out to a little over twelve hours everyday. Way too many hours, I'm surprised a Package Driver was allowed to work that much overtime.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Vacation pay will add up on your total hours, but not sick days.

So take away his vacation hours from the total for his actual hours worked

(look at your pay stubs on upsers.com, vacation adds 40 hours to hours worked)

3147 hours is still incredible, That's 1000 more than me

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Is 2015 bad? :)

Only if you planned on retiring in 2010 !!!

10_1_129v.gif

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
That is an insane amount of hours... I only worked 1825, but I'm not FT. Still though, averaging 7 hours a day and not being full time is pretty good! I can only hope it's like that this year.... though I don't think it will be. All I can do is hope they make me FT haha.

705red

Browncafe Steward
He has no business working through his vacations, especially with lay offs looming!

I wonder what he would say if we took away his paid holidays and medical benefits?

I hope that you will file against this guy if he even works a minute of his vacations this year if any one in your local is laid off!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just over 2260 hours. At 3147 hours, he worked 17 hours more per week than I did. That's insane!

Red made an excellent point regarding this guy working through his vacations, especially if there are drivers sitting at home while he is doing so. Vacations are in place for a reason and no one should work through their vacations, with very few exceptions. There was one vacation that I did work through--we had a driver who had a death in the family shortly before Peak so I offered to help out and was given comp time the week after Christmas. I have to admit that the extra money was nice but nearly 1000 hours more is simply stupid IMO.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If he worked through 5 vacations, it goes down to 56.7 hours / week

(3147 - (200 hours vacation time) = 2947 real hours / 52 = 56.7 hrs a week

Still absolutly insane

Heff, the hours worked during his vacation would not be subtracted and would indeed add to his YTD total. The vacation time itself is not added.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Heff, the hours worked during his vacation would not be subtracted and would indeed add to his YTD total. The vacation time itself is not added.

Read my earlier post

Go on upsers.com and see for yourself

Vacation time is added to your total hours for the year, but not sick,personal days

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You can't count him as working 96 hours the week of his vacation.

You count the 56 hours he actually worked, and they add the 40 hours he got from vacation pay

I've worked many vacations in years past (4 out of 5 one year). Never while someone was laid off though. It was nice getting time and a half all week.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
2484 for me. Thats an ave of 47.7 hrs per week. I would to have worked 12+ more hours per week every week just to break 3100! You can have the extra hours!