32 years old too late?

HardknocksUPSer

Guy at my center didn't start preload till he was 38 he's now got 21 years in, it's not to late, depends on how bad you want it and how far you want to push your body. Goodluck

Box Ox

Nope. Just don't try to impress anybody or be a hero after your 30 day qualification period. You'll only be worked even harder/nobody will care and it'll break your body down. You want to be able to run the full marathon if this is going to be your career.

JL 0513

I became a driver 2+ years ago at 34. But that's after putting my time in as a part timer (5 1/2 years).

It has become more common these days to be older when becoming a driver because of the typical wait time.

32 is still young and not a problem but just keep in mind that unless you get really lucky, there's likely a waiting list years long. This is assuming you can get into UPS in the first place.

No, not too late. I was 33 when I became a package car driver. I am 60 now, and retiring soon. Lots of aches and pains, but otherwise healthy. You must take care of yourself. Learn what it takes to stay out of the Mgrs. crosshairs, and you can disappear into a long career. Good luck to you.

bowflex

I started as a temp driver at 44 off the street.
worked 2 peaks and debating if I want to work a third. I got hired full time after last peak but had to leave but with a good rehire status. It's never too late at my last hub 2 guys were older than me.

PT Car Washer

I started as a temp driver at 44 off the street.
worked 2 peaks and debating if I want to work a third. I got hired full time after last peak but had to leave but with a good rehire status. It's never too late at my last hub 2 guys were older than me.
It is a job. not a career.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My lord, I feel very fortunate when I hear some of these stories. I started at 18 and then started driving just a week or so after my 21st birthday. I'm 40 now and still going at it.

But the answer to your question, no, you're not too old for this.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Not at all, I know guys who started older than that. Just be patient and keep your eyes on the prize.

a911scanner

I'd love to be 32 again. Started driving PC at last year at 47. Sucks to think I gotta work until 67 just to get 20 in for the pension. Maybe I should buy stock in the makers of ibuprofen & naproxin.