4 days a week

BigBrownboxx

My center usually has a ton of guys that take off to let other drivers work. Mgmt is saying that they have to work 4 days a week so in result a lot more drivers are getting laid off? Is this happening anywhere else

Up In Smoke

My center usually has a ton of guys that take off to let other drivers work. Mgmt is saying that they have to work 4 days a week so in result a lot more drivers are getting laid off? Is this happening anywhere else
Starting in 2019, I began working 2-3 days a week to allow junior employees a work opportunity. It's all I cared to work anyway. I was notified around the first of the year that I was required to work at least 4 days per week going forward. The explanation was that the company didn't like to see someone's benefits dollars higher than his gross income. It's been an adjustment, but It's there company to run as they wish.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Starting in 2019, I began working 2-3 days a week to allow junior employees a work opportunity. It's all I cared to work anyway. I was notified around the first of the year that I was required to work at least 4 days per week going forward. The explanation was that the company didn't like to see someone's benefits dollars higher than his gross income. It's been an adjustment, but It's there company to run as they wish.
Basic business acumen. If it was yours or my company, wouldn't you frown on this "generosity" that really isn't the employee's to offer?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Forced 5 days here since February or so. The "layoffs" or whatever is being practiced here started very deep and are now half of what they were, I don't see everybody back delivering until after the new contract at minimum.

Commercial Inside Release

Basically, the company has opened themselves up to a class action now, because they are admitting the motive behind their habitual practice of disposing of part time workers, before they get through progression, and become vested.

I knew UPS would spill it's evil guts, eventually. Hubris!

JustDeliverIt

Here we were told have to work everyone in seniority order every day. Layoff days are suddenly very rare for those who want them and they did lay off/kick inside some guys.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
We've been told three punches a week...One of our full timers does an overnight Sunday air shuttle from another center into preload Monday, and preload Tuesday. That gets him his three ounches. Goes to his second job rest of the time. He's been doing that this time of year for the last two years.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I hope those laid off are working inside for 8.

542thruNthru

Depends on your supplemental language. Rights to go home are by seniority here. So they can't mandate 4 days a week while allowing junior drivers to go home. Same in the Southern as well I believe.

Brown Down

Depends on your supplemental language. Rights to go home are by seniority here. So they can't mandate 4 days a week while allowing junior drivers to go home. Same in the Southern as well I believe.
and even if its not in the supplemental language past practice can apply.

R1wonder

Here if you request and 8 hour they dispatch you for a normal day and give you the day off. I work those days, if I wanted an RO I would have requested that
They try that to me ; say they can’t do it : I tell them too bad . Better figure it out : I want 8 hours of pay, not a paid day , not a day off .

GenericUsername

I'm in the Southern. There were junior drivers who went home today and yesterday. Some of the higher seniority guys are filing grievances for it because they'd have gone home and had the junior guys cover. I'm on my 4th 9.5 this week and already sent out the message to those guys that I'll waiting for one of them to run my route tomorrow since they've had 2 days off this week already. Maybe it'll work....