40 posts at a time

For some reason I can only view 15 posts at a time. I have always been able to view 40 at a time. I can't find it anymore in settings. Can anyone help me out?

UPSGUY72

Your right oh well probably has to do with sell more add space to keep BC operating every time you change pages a different add appears under the first post...

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
For some reason I can only view 15 posts at a time. I have always been able to view 40 at a time. I can't find it anymore in settings. Can anyone help me out?

Some apple users are now unable to use the app because it crashes their ios device. Some still can use it. Vbulletin tech support blames the posts view option bug in their ios app, so I disabled the post view options for everyone until vbulletin releases a fix for this bug. In an attempt to accomodate the ios bug the universal default for the site has been reset to 15 posts per page.

Please let me know of any technical problems with 15 posts as default. There are no ads in either app or in the mobile version of the site so as skeptical or unfriendly as you want to be this is actually an attempt to fix the apple app bug based upon vbulletin's response to the problems here.

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/brown-cafe-iphone-app-no-workie-352114/#post1188250

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Some apple users are now unable to use the app because it crashes their ios device. Some still can use it. Vbulletin tech support blames the posts view option bug in their ios app, so I disabled the post view options for everyone until vbulletin releases a fix for this bug. In an attempt to accomodate the ios bug the universal default for the site has been reset to 15 posts per page.

Please let me know of any technical problems with 15 posts as default. There are no ads in either app or in the mobile version of the site so as skeptical or unfriendly as you want to be this is actually an attempt to fix the apple app bug based upon vbulletin's response to the problems here.

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/brown-cafe-iphone-app-no-workie-352114/#post1188250

When I looked this up on the Logical Deductions site, I found that

​skeptical + unfriendly = ungrateful butthole

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If you are using a mobile device....

Try using the Tapatalk app. You can access BC and 100's of other forums.

​-Bug-

keyiwp.png

2ed11sg.png

Last edited:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
But I'm not using the mobile app. I'm on my laptop
There isn't an option to set it only for mobile so I used a site wide setting. When vbulletin releases an app fix and itunes approves and distributes it I will re-enable the feature that lets you change the number of posts. I like the higher post display better too so I understand why you're annoyed that it changed.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
If you are using a mobile device....

Try using the Tapatalk app. You can access BC and 100's of other forums.

​-Bug-

keyiwp.png

2ed11sg.png

Good suggestion, before I bought the vbulletin app we used the tapatalk module here.

I'll update to the latest tapatalk module and suggest that the members having trouble with the vbulletin's ios version of our app try tapatalk.

UPSGUY72

There isn't an option to set it only for mobile so I used a site wide setting. When vbulletin releases an app fix and itunes approves and distributes it I will re-enable the feature that lets you change the number of posts. I like the higher post display better too so I understand why you're annoyed that it changed.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Not an inconvenience for me I don't mind it. You do an excellent job with BC Cheryl I have no complaints.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Vbulletin tech support doesn't really seem concerned that our ios app is broken so I decided to take the ios app off of itunes. The post display option is available again under your settings.