401k returns

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Joshm, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Joshm

Joshm New Member

Anyone getting over 15 percent on their 401/Roth? If so how

Attached Files:

2. tadpole

tadpole Active Member

18.53% here. All S&P 500 Equity Index Fund.

3. GameCockFan

GameCockFan Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Eat Sleep Fish

Eat Sleep Fish Isaiah 5:20

5. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

First... good for you with the 20% contribution. Most don't do half that.

I was actually in the 17s but still I wouldn't be upset with 15%.

6. LarryBird

LarryBird Well-Known Member

Agreed, on your compliment to the OP...and I'm right there with you with the growth % too.

7. Slow and steady my friend. Make a plan and stick with it. Remember 9/11 and the great recession

8. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Mines at 13%, you are doing better than me. I am sticking 20% a week into it. The balance the last couple of days has put a smile on my face. I do the S&P 500, S&P 400, Russell 2000, and I have about 40% in international funds. The only thing down recently was my IRA investments because of UPS stock dropping. I bought $500 worth of Litecoin and Ethereum a year ago to play with Cypto a little bit, its up to $786 right now.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. You are more than likely a lot older than him and you have different goals.

Too many people do overlook the international fund The US is only a fraction of the world's economy, our market is priced higher and many other countries have far more growth potential

10. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I don't think its wise to put everything in US stocks either, you are right about growth potential in world markets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. You don't put everything all in one investment. Sometimes having a little cash doesn't hurt either. Remember what your 401k looked like a decade ago? It wasn't easy to watch.

12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Can’t wait til it happens again.

13. If it does, I will just have to work a little longer. Not because I need the money. What I need in liquid cash is almost where I want it to be. I just don't want to miss an advancement opportunity

14. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I think you’ll get out before it happens and it won’t take too long to recover but great buying opportunity.

15. I could always come back as a Christmas helper....

16. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

I haven't touched my 401k balance yet.
    I have 75% in stocks still and 25% in bonds.
    I moved everything into a Self Managed Account before I retired.
    I am up 28% YTD
    I am bullish still.....great time to have money in the market.
    Sometime in the next year as the market shows signs of slowing I will move everything into a Income Bond type fund and be happy with 4 to 6% returns with little risk.

17. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Im up 24% since the day Trump took office. I switched to 100% sp500 the week before his inaugaration.

18. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

This is mine since the day after his inauguration. I would never go all-in on one type of fund though. But the S&P 500 would be the one if I did.

upload_2019-6-22_15-34-41.jpeg

19. MattM

MattM Member

Russell 2000 index and s&p 400 for me. I may need to go 20% with sp500 and 40/40 with what I already have.

Remember, the generic personal performance figure is just YTD. You have to click a few links to custom date your performance

1/1/2018 to 12/31/2018 saw -8%. This year YTD is around 15% for me, with a 1/1/2017 to now date range sitting at 14%.

There are also monthly fees and transaction fees. I tend to keep track of actual money deducted from my paychecks and compare that figure to what the ‘account value’ shows on the website.