407's resolutions.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
and Hoax.., you did post a while back that mods are able to read our PM''s to other members....and you made a comment at the time that you have done so. You're cool but... I hope you were joking about that.

I don't think I posted that since that is not true.
Cheryl can but not the Mods.
Cheryl sees everything at any point in time.

Cheryl cannot read PMS to others unless reported and sent to her.
As a mod I dont know anything about anyone, unless we become friends, share phone numbers, etc, like real friends do.
Trust me, we are all just as busy as you all are. I have no desire, or inclination, to investigate anyone.
We simply try to tone things down, when something is reported by someone else.
I wouldnt know what an IP address was if it slapped me in the head.
I do not read all the threads, only the ones that draw my interest.
I have never made an enemy on here, at least I dont think I have any. If I do, its on them, but I have made friends.
I sincerely do not know how someone can become addicted. It should be something to enhance your life, not give you one.

Tooner's right, the only pm's I can read are the ones that have been reported to the mods. The pm's system is built into vbulletin and the program does not give admins or mods or anyone else permission to read someone else's private messages. That doesn't mean it's impossible to do.

As the site admin I could easily hire someone to figure out a way to get access to your pm's. A vbulletin coder or someone that knows their way around a database could figure out how to read every pm that has ever been sent here. I have no desire or reason to do that, but it is definitely possible.

over9five

Staff member
407 and Stink...............................................................................................................are at the Teamcare cheerleading school!

I just want to know about this:

The habit is this site Hoak. I don't feel like my personal info is safe here anymore after you were giving it to other members. That and you wanting to go tit for tat with me. It's time bro. I'm not wanted here anymore. Maybe by some but not you. You can put lipstick on a pig Hoak but yiu know what I'm talking about. OMS aren't secret anymore as in your last post. That and you giving another member my ip address. It will be hard but information isn't safe here anymore. I've got pics of your message

I was a mod for a long time, so I just don't believe this is true. I would like to see this claim backed up or retracted.

Squint

No more work for me!
An IP address would just come across as a number among numbers. To truly get a physical address it would require a court order then the police(or whomever) would go to the hosting site(Comcast, AOL...) and then they could get your physical address. If you have multiple computers connected to a router in your home each computer would have very similar IP's but not exactly the same.

An IP address would just come across as a number among numbers. To truly get a physical address it would require a court order then the police(or whomever) would go to the hosting site(Comcast, AOL...) and then they could get your physical address. If you have multiple computers connected to a router in your home each computer would have very similar IP's but not exactly the same.

Youre right. It far too hard to find stuff out about people.

​Oh, that missing sock is behind the dresser.