$41 an hr & $61.50 ot = $101,000. FedEx, Amazon Flex, USPS do you guys think that's a fair wage?

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

Any legal costs for a personal lawyer(s) are paid for.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.
No.

And blow it outta yer a*

upsmaster

NO we keep giving back retires are now paying $300.00 per month for medical, UPS is the reason my body is in the shape its in. The company keeps the profit margin of about 4 to 6 billion dollars per year all we ask for is to be fair when I retire

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
NO we keep giving back retires are now paying $300.00 per month for medical, UPS is the reason my body is in the shape its in. The company keeps the profit margin of about 4 to 6 billion dollars per year all we ask for is to be fair when I retire
I understand what you're saying. On the west side in almost all the districts in the 13-states. It's actually $390 for retiree insurance for a single UPS and $780 for husband & wife.

However, the point is our bodies. The wage & benefits are solid but the infusion of more members will strengthen the pension fund for retirement. I'm not for Hybrid employees but we all know 7-day work weeks are coming soon at UPS.

The union has been saying they are making huge strides during negotiations on harrassment, excessive over time. Working on 9.5 grievances and stiffer penalties and faster hearings. *THAT* is really what the membership should be focused on imo. Denis said they verbally agreed to some great language that will maintain our health, the 83-cents a year avg raise is really a back burner issue.

It's looking & sounding good. If Denis & the comittee shook on it and now they're putting it together to a membership vote. I trust they got the right deal for our future.

I wonder how many here saying "No" would say "Yes" just if it was announced $16 for new hires and $8.00 raise over 5-years for FT and all the other grievance, 9.5 language stayed the same?

Do you want to work until 10:15pm on Halloween this year for $38.50/$57.75 or work until 7:15pm for $37.40/$56.10?

Don't sweat the $4.15... focus on not working Saturday & Sunday and being out after 10pm several times a year.

Light

Thank you.

Thank you.

Light

am new to ups so you made seniority does that mean you got qualified or hired in March
I am new upsers my hire date is in may 2018. But i still need to qualify however I am done all my training and backgrounds and dot and interview so will I be with all the current drivers or will I be in the new contract after August Because qualification will take to late August or September
Strike Strike Strike

35years

Gravy route

Thank you.
Been at UPS over 35 years.
-You get 2 weeks more paid time off than me.
-I get no trust fund.
-I will have to be here 43 years to get a full pensioni
-we get no free legal services
-we get no paid sick days.
-I will pay for my own health insurance in retirement.
-My pension may be 50% less ten years from now to save the fund.
-My joints are shot. Doctor says it is from years of over use. Just want to walk without pain when retired
-None of the other companies force their drivers to work 70 hrs weeks or deliver the volume of stops and pieces as us.
So stop your "we have it so good" as UPS drivers attitude. Your situation does not apply to all of us

Last edited:

Box Ox

There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues

That’s actually not how RTW works. You opt in to pay dues. And a lot of us do.

Why would a driver get on here and push all the shiny object points my center manager would as he drools over the though of passing a Union busting hybrid driver/harassment status quo contract?

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Been at UPS over 35 years.
-You get 2 weeks more paid time off than me.
-I get no trust fund.
-I will have to be here 43 years to get a full pensioni
-we get no free legal services
-we get no paid sick days.
-I will pay for my own health insurance in retirement.
-My pension may be 50% less ten years from now to save the fund.
-My joints are shot. Doctor says it is from years of over use. Just want to walk without pain when retired

So stop your "we have it so good" as UPS drivers attitude. Your situation does not apply to all of us
This, I did not know and I apologize for it our contracts being that's much different. You have to work 43-years as an hourly/driver just to get 100% that is ridiculous. Most of the guys/gals I worked with would of never made that. We are or have been under the production gun pretty severely all our careers though and now all this technology too. What I mean by that is I can walk around Buffalo and watch UPS driver's pace and SWM's and just seeing them go slowly and no 340's at all really. My management team would be on car bi weekly with us. I always knew there was some differences. I have read here that guys pay $100/$150 for retiree insurance. That's a far cry less & much better than ours. Yet, I thought perhaps those UPSer's didn't get all their sick bank hours when they quit or retired like the West side does and it evened out.

Condolences dude. In your case. I indeed agree you voting no. How do you get our side to come on board with you though? I mean you'd probably vote Yes over here(Washington District).

43-years. Stick to the methods brother.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Maybe I’m just ignorant, but what does one really have to do with the other? Why does a 7 day work week necessitate a new class of lower paid driver?
my opinion is, the workers today are not as gung ho as we were... I made $8 to start and drivers made $15 and I wanted that wage but knew I had to climb my way to get it. Nowadays guys in the back room at Sears will ask how to get on at UPS and what's the pay.... and you say $10 to start and they immediately ask... no, but what do YOU make?

They want $36.90 within 30-days.

Box Ox

my opinion is, the workers today are not as gung ho as we were... I made $8 to start and drivers made $15 and I wanted that wage but knew I had to climb my way to get it. Nowadays guys in the back room at Sears will ask how to get on at UPS and what's the pay.... and you say $10 to start and they immediately ask... no, but what do YOU make?

They want $36.90 within 30-days.

I appreciate your response, but you didn’t answer my question. I’m still ignorant.

Why would a 7 day workweek necessitate a new class of lower paid driver?

Last edited: