411 on UPS relationships

BettyBrowny

I've worked for UPS for 10+ years and currently I am a slave to the package car. I previously have transferred to a new building. Prior to the transfer I met another employee and we have been dating for close to two years. He has since transferred to the same building and our relationship has become very serious. I am afraid that I don't understand the rules and can't ask anyone in fear of it leaking out and everyone knowing. What if we decide to marry? What is the 411 on relationships, marriage, and dating inside UPS? I will say we rarely speak at work and don't really try to make it obvious we are dating, except we have a total understanding of how hard we both work and don't spend hours alone waiting for the other to come home. Instead we get home nice and late and enjoy early bed times. Please help.

Here, as long as one or both are not in management and your relationship does not cause any interference at work, have at it.
I used to work with a married feeder couple. They lived off one salary and banked the other. Needless to say they retired early.

If you are both hourly no big deal. If you are both management one will ha to be moved. If one is hourly and the other is management the management will get moved. I've seen all situations and have also seen them working together with no problems.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Generally what Upstate said is correct ... especially if one is in management.

It may vary based on management assessment of the situation.

If both are Teamster represented employees, I don't think the company gets involved unless the couple gets married and the relationship goes sour. In that situation, UPS and the Teamsters may allow one of the employees to transfer to another building.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
We have 2 drivers that dated and married. Never heard one issue about it. He ended up bidding into feeders and she is still in package.
I was always told there may be an issue for someone in management supervising a significant other or 2 management personnel in a relationship.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
we have two drivers that are married in our center,and in a neighboring center there is a married couple who are drivers as well