44 y/o Female Going For Package Handler?

scrltrider

Wondering if there are any "older", female package handlers out there and what advice you might have?

As stated, I'm 44, in decent shape and interviewing for package handler on the sunrise shift. Am I crazy in thinking I can handle this? Is there any real advancement opportunities?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

TY!

Z

ZQXC

bb58 is an "older" female package handler

Maybe she can help on this one (after she shreds me)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Wondering if there are any "older", female package handlers out there and what advice you might have?

As stated, I'm 44, in decent shape and interviewing for package handler on the sunrise shift. Am I crazy in thinking I can handle this? Is there any real advancement opportunities?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

TY!
Go for it....but in all honesty...the older package handlers hired now for the Xmas season... most likely from what I've seen over the years...won't be called back in January.

scrltrider

Ah, thanks for the insight BB58. This position has been posted for several months so I'm hoping it will be longer than that...

If you are physically capable of working your tail off, you should do it. There is a lot of crap to put up with, but if you think UPS is a career you are interested in now is a good time for it. In my area they are so desperate for drivers and even feeder drivers that they are now looking at hiring feeder drivers straight from the part time ranks.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ah, thanks for the insight BB58. This position has been posted for several months so I'm hoping it will be longer than that...
It would be if you were younger...just telling you how it usually is. If you have a shot as a more permanent job somewhere else....I wouldn't turn it down. If not...go for it.

Z

ZQXC

It's a male dominated work environment

( gonna hear a lot of "That's what she said" )