48 hour notice

tx1234

Hello all. I got a 48 hour notice saying I needed to be at work on 2/10/14. and failed to respond. didn't get the letter till tuesday) anyways I got fired and our union stewart says there's nothing he can do to get my job back is this true? what are my options.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hello all. I got a 48 hour notice saying I needed to be at work on 2/10/14. and failed to respond. didn't get the letter till tuesday) anyways I got fired and our union stewart says there's nothing he can do to get my job back is this true? what are my options.
Say u were abducted by aliens!!!!!:dont_know:

Island

You must have an awful good reason for not being there all this time, even if the local agrees that your letter's tardiness gives you special dispensation (which it probably doesn't). If you are hurt, you may have a case. In fact just say you're hurt.

QKRSTKR

Right, did it come certified mail?

Why are you not going to work and why doesn't the company know about it.

stink219

Huh?

Every excuse I ever heard made perfect sense to the person who made it.

Ouch

They tried that with an employee at our building. It failed because the sent it thru regular mail. Do as 407 said and call the local. You need the local on this one.