4th of july

retired2000

ok, here we go it is less then 2 weeks before the 4th. do we get paid for the day or do we get monday off? i just thought i would start the thread before anyone else did. i know some upsers do not know the answer. early

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We do not get any days off but do get paid for Saturday. The 3rd will be an operational challenge as businesses may either be closed or closing early. Our center has given us a list of our major stops and have asked up to find out what their plans are for that day so that they can plan accordingly.

upsgrunt

If a holiday falls on a Saturday, in our area at least, we get an extra days pay. Next year when the 4th falls on Sunday, we will get Monday off. I'm not sure if this applies to every region.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If a holiday falls on a Saturday, in our area at least, we get an extra days pay. Next year when the 4th falls on Sunday, we will get Monday off. I'm not sure if this applies to every region.
Works the same in the Atlantic Area.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm on vacation that week. Already got my vacation check + holiday.

You and me both! It is nice getting a 48 hour check.

Especially since I have heard (since last week) that CHEMA is running a "slim" twi or midnight instead of not running at all on Friday. Theyre asking all of us full-timers who wants to work and who doesn't. I'm guessing theyre only doing air.

pretender

If a holiday falls on Saturday, there is no day off--There is an extra paid day. However, given the state of the economy, I have a suspicion that there will be an exception this year, and we will get the day off...

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
What about the general rule that you must work both the day before and the day after a holiday to get paid.

That means if you take Friday off because of low volume, then they dont have to pay you for the 4th.

They have tried that successfully here with Christmas day pay. Since so many are laid off Christmas eve, they dont get paid for Christmas day.

You know with times being hard, there will be a lot of managers that will at lest try it.

d

A

anonymous6

ok, here we go it is less then 2 weeks before the 4th. do we get paid for the day or do we get monday off? i just thought i would start the thread before anyone else did. i know some upsers do not know the answer. early

what happens if you have a Tues-Sat job?

jennie

I would think your days off would be Sunday and Monday.

The way I feel about the 4th, is I may just take Monday. My husband's printing outfit closes the week of the 4th, UPS would not give me that week because of seniortiy, so my week in is in August. Anyway, so many of my co workers, either are late, or just don't come to work on a daily basis, so I just may call in sick:happy-very:

ups1990

I'am Hoping for a day of on Friday the 3rd. My guess is there will be a hign number of buss. closed or closing early on friday. If they run it like the day after Thanksgiving, then due to seniority, I should get it off.

bluehdmc

what happens if you have a Tues-Sat job?

You would get Sat off. In NJ if you have a Tues to Sat job and Mon is a holiday you get an extra days pay. If you work a Sun-Thurs job and Mon is a holiday you have to come in Sun.
They are have a list to sign up for people to take a 1 day RLO in feeders for Fri July 3rd.

New Englander

What about the general rule that you must work both the day before and the day after a holiday to get paid.

That means if you take Friday off because of low volume, then they dont have to pay you for the 4th.

They have tried that successfully here with Christmas day pay. Since so many are laid off Christmas eve, they dont get paid for Christmas day.

You know with times being hard, there will be a lot of managers that will at lest try it.

d

You only have to work two days in the week to get holiday pay. They do not have to surround the holiday.