.50 cent raise before negotiation question

Con1989

Hello, idk if this has been asked before but here goes...

I was hired September 2012 and I was wondering will I receive a .50 cent raise on my anniversary date if the contract isn't finalized by then?

I'm hoping to receive a .50 cent raise on my anniversary date then receive the contract raise. I hope that's how it works.

nystripe96

I would think regardless of contract you will receive your .50 raise on your seniority date. Then adjustments will be made to your pay once the contract is finalized

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You won't receive a raise until the contract's ratified. When your pay is ultimately adjusted, you'll receive the 70c raise (since you're a seniority employee) effective August 1; on your one-year anniversary, if your pay remains below the floor wage set in the new progression, your pay will be bumped up to make up the difference. The same process will repeat through the life of the contract.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Oh ok thx, I'm at $10.50 so no bump for me.

Under the new contract, a one-year Preloader will be earning $11.50. So effective August 1, you'll be bumped to $11.20. Effective on your seniority date, you'll be bumped to $11.50.

Obviously you won't see that, because of the pending contract, but that's how your back raises will be calculated.

Con1989

Oh ok thx, I'm at $10.50 so no bump for me.

Under the new contract, a one-year Preloader will be earning $11.50. So effective August 1, you'll be bumped to $11.20. Effective on your seniority date, you'll be bumped to $11.50.

Obviously you won't see that, because of the pending contract, but that's how your back raises will be calculated.

I'm not a preloader I'm just a loader, I load the big feeder trailers. So I'm guessing I'll just stay at $11.20........thx for relies everyone.

watdaflock?

Found this thread and decided to finally sign up for the "browncafe" forum.

Hi everyone! Somebody from my lil' hub will see my username and get a good LOL.

__

I just noticed the .50 raise this past check and am still about four months from my 1 yr anniversary date.

Also heard supposedly our back pay checks are coming within a week or so? Always nice to have a few extra bucks in your pocket.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Found this thread and decided to finally sign up for the "browncafe" forum.

Hi everyone! Somebody from my lil' hub will see my username and get a good LOL.

__

I just noticed the .50 raise this past check and am still about four months from my 1 yr anniversary date.

Also heard supposedly our back pay checks are coming within a week or so? Always nice to have a few extra bucks in your pocket.

If you are at 10 dollars now, that means you were definitely hired after August 1st 2013 - which means there will be no retro for you :(

watdaflock?

If you are at 10 dollars now, that means you were definitely hired after August 1st 2013 - which means there will be no retro for you :(
hmm.....how about $11/hr? Was 10.50 and just noticed the .50 cent raise.
* No retro if hired after 8/1/13? Need to double check but I think my official hire date is like 9/15. Would be a downer If I missed on any retro pay by a month or so.

Con1989

I gained seniority way before August 1st 2013 and on this last check I only received a $.50 raise. I was thinking I was going to get a $.70 raise since my seniority date is September 2012 so I assumed I was on the new contract. Is there any Info I'm missing out on?

Sent using BrownCafe App