500 hours left in 2015 for My Freedom

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In the Western Conference, its the first 2080 hours you work (or are compensated thru sick days, vacation etc.) in a calendar year that get pension contributions. So yes, your OT does count, up until 2080 hours. I would call your Local to verify where you are at in terms of prorated vacations, the last thing you want to do is pull the plug and find out that you were 6 hours short.....
I was told I only needed 500 hours after the 1st of January to get credit for the year. I have 79 points right now. if I have to work 2080 hours, i'll have to go out on stress leave for 90 days.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was told I only needed 500 hours after the 1st of January to get credit for the year. I have 79 points right now. if I have to work 2080 hours, i'll have to go out on stress leave for 90 days.
Correct, you only need 500 hours in a calendar year to get credit for that year.

What I meant was that you accrue pension contributions for all hours, including overtime, up to 2080 per year.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Correct, you only need 500 hours in a calendar year to get credit for that year.

What I meant was that you accrue pension contributions for all hours, including overtime, up to 2080 per year.

You mean excluding over time. If ot counted we would all retire by our 25th yr. Some sooner

wkmac

We gotta get that into our next supplement! Also the ability to transfer sick days to other hourlies who need time off for family emergencies and things of that nature.

Now you are talking heretical stuff that scares the hell out of those running the game. Keep talking bro! ;)

Highwayman

I retired on November 1st and got my 1st pension check Dec 1st. Central Pa fund. Had to stay to get 6 weeks vacation pay for next year and a little extra so there was no question on hours.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

thank you very much for clearing that up. I may stay a little longer just to see how it feels not to be under their thumbs. other drivers say it feels great.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The Union would love to receive pension contributions for all hours worked. It would lower our paid day substantially and would create more jobs.
Here in the Western Conference, we do receive pension contributions on all hours worked...including overtime....but only to the maximum of 2080 per year.