6 punch on saturday for a TDC during a holiday week?

TheBatman

being this week was memorial day on monday...if a TDC works the whole week and is scheduled to work on saturday, would that still be a six punch?

BrownArmy

Wouldn't that be TCD?

Not trying to be a pain, I'm not sure of the answer to your question.

In any case, why does it matter?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

being this week was memorial day on monday...if a TDC works the whole week and is scheduled to work on saturday, would that still be a six punch?

Memorial Day was an operational holiday and thus would not count. If he worked on Saturday that would be his fifth punch of the week and would be at straight time.

jimstud

Banned
being this week was memorial day on monday...if a tdc works the whole week and is scheduled to work on saturday, would that still be a six punch?

if your work week is mon thru fri it is a 6th punch if your work week is tue thru sat it is straight time.

Overpaid Union Thug

Its simple really. Even though you were paid holiday pay for Monday you actually only "punched in" four days prior to saturday so Saturday wouldn't be a sixth report. Its' been a while since I dealt with these kind of situations but if I remember correctly you would have been paid the OT rate at your current air driver pay if you actually had a sixth report. Thats what I remember happening to me.

TheBatman

Its simple really. Even though you were paid holiday pay for Monday you actually only "punched in" four days prior to saturday so Saturday wouldn't be a sixth report. Its' been a while since I dealt with these kind of situations but if I remember correctly you would have been paid the OT rate at your current air driver pay if you actually had a sixth report. Thats what I remember happening to me.

i talked to my center manager today and he said it does count as a six punch