60 hour rule violation?

Boondocker

Management telling us we have to come in Saturday to unload trailers even though we'll be at 60 hours on Friday. Says since we won't be driving those hours don't matter. Is that true?

Mst3k

That is 100 percent true, suck it up buttercup.

If you want to stick it to management tell a hub employee to grieve since that is their work.

BostonBo

Yes. You just can't drive. And if they make you drive as a helper with management, see if they already put their 60 hours in, then refuse to go out with them, maybe even calling the cops.

Boondocker

There's only 8 of us in our building and we've never been asked to work over 60 is all. Union folks never return our calls either out here. Thanks for the input everyone!

What'dyabringmetoday???

Yeah, call the cops and be a jackass. What a stupid statement
Not trying to start a fight, but you must agree that supervisors color outside the lines when it comes to their own hours. Does it affect me? Not in the least. But I am sure if DOT wanted to be pricks, they could investigate the hours if supervisors who are also going out on the road to "help out". I imagine there are a few that are in violation. I think they are probably more concerned with the big riggers that are wobbling all over the interstate trying to hork down big gulps and vats of coffee to stay awake.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I just laugh when they ask me to unload.
I told the twilight and preload sups to not even think about asking my guys to work their sorts. They don't have the hours available and I'm not going to get caught with my pants around my ankles because a sort was short. They'll work their full DOT hours during the week. They don't need sort time.