60 hours - Early Friday

undies

Anyone close to getting an early Friday? Already at about 36 hours, other drivers are close to 40! Not sure how the center will run when everyone has to be in under 10 hours!:knockedout:

kingOFchester

Does lunch get added to to the hours? If I work 8 to 8 with a lunch in there, is that 11 hours or 12 hours towards the 60 in a week?

CharleyHustle

It depends on how much paid break you get. If you have a 10min paid break and 50min unpaid, that would be 11hr 10min toward your 60. The 14 hours rule is because you have to have 10hrs between punch out and punch in. We had 2 safety members that couldn't attend a meeting before work because they had hours worked plus lunch over 13 1/2hrs the day before.

Indecisi0n

The 60 hr rule does NOT included lunch. It needs to be 60 hours total worked.

However the 14 hr rules doesninclude your lunch. You can't be on the road for 14 hours in one shift.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Does lunch get added to to the hours? If I work 8 to 8 with a lunch in there, is that 11 hours or 12 hours towards the 60 in a week?

Really? They drill the DOT rules into us here. Which aren't all that hard to understand. Your single day 14 hours is simply 14hours break or nothing else matters just be off before your out there 14 hours after your start time. 60 hours is actual paid time.

DorkHead

How confusing this is. We were told 60 hrs. total including lunch and break. If you work 9 to 9 and take your 45 min. lunch during that time, then that`s 12. If you skip your lunch, then it`s 12.75 hrs. My question is this a state DOT rule or Federal rule?

undies

Sigh. In California, lunches do not count towards your 60 hours, BUT, lunches do count towards the 14 hour rule. So lets say I punch in at 9am then I have to be off the clock before 11pm, regardless of what lunches or breaks I've taken.

In regards to the 60 hour rule, it is a matter of hours worked. Lets say I work from 9am to 10pm with only taking my mandatory 30 minute lunch, then that's 12.5 hours worked for the day. 12.5 Monday- Thursday and that gives me 50 hours and only being able to work for 9.99 hours on Friday.

Hopefully that clears things up lol

over9five

Staff member
Remember, if you have 52.000001 hours on Thursday, you do not have 8 available for Friday.
HERE, we can't work if we don't have 8 available.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Remember, if you have 52.000001 hours on Thursday, you do not have 8 available for Friday.

That sounds like a local management bs rule. I would imagine you could file on that. If your run is scheduled over 8, they could force you to work in the yard, but you are still guaranteed your 8HRS. So if I only had 8 available, I couldn't run my route, but i COULD shift for my eight.

Lunch counts towards your 14 HRS, but does not count as paid time. For example, in feeders, if your start time is 12 Midnight, your effective start time is 12:30AM since you don't get paid for lunch. This assumes you get a 30 minute meal, unpaid. So, your 14HRS would be up at 2PM the following day. However, even if you are forced off the clock, your paid day is only for 13.5 HRS. SO, big point, lunch ODES NOT count towards your 60 limit.

I've got a good week going this week. Tonight (Thursday) is my 5TH day, and I have 12.25 available, and my planned day runs between 11 and 12. So I'll be running up around 60. Good times...

bluehdmc

Same by me, supposedly if you go over 14 because of an emergency, (bad accident on a bridge, or unforseen weather) you can come in with a late start. Breakdowns, known weather when you left, etc don't count.

. U are still entitled to your 8 hr guarantee. If the force u home file.

If you only have 7.9999999 hrs available it's not 8 you get the day off.

over9five

Staff member
That is pretty close to what I have too. I have heard from the 'feeder action network' that they are going to force people with 8+ hours available to work on Saturday in the Mpls area. Sucks to be them.
They can force us, and we can book off.

opie

I was told yesterday that feeder drivers are running out of hours, or have already hit 60 hours for the week. Yesterday we did a lot less volume because the work couldn't be moved around due to lack of available drivers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It doesn't matter if u only have 4 hours left you should get paid 8. I asked my BA this specific question at the last meeting.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Actually, it's a BS union rule. The company would like to allow us to work what we have available.

Who in the hell runs your local? C. Montgomery Burns? Why would your union prevent you from working all of your available hours? You sure you picked up the right phone?

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Who in the hell runs your local? C. Montgomery Burns? Why would your union prevent you from working all of your available hours? You sure you picked up the right phone?

If I had to guess, to prevent the company from say, making a guy come in who only has an hour, or maybe 20 mins. Some evil managers could abuse that.

Now does a driver in such a situation get his guarantee if he does come in but then is sent home? Afterall, the guarantee doesnt count against hours worked.