6000 posts

rod

Retired 22 years
On a lot of fourms a poster with 6000 posts would have a contest and offer a prize to celebrate. How about it Tie:happy2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Rod,
Are you saying that Tieguy should have a contest and give away Prizes? I don't know what those would be, but I'm sure he could give up a lot of his opinions! Tie is high up on the Brown Cafe Seniority List, he is one who has been here a long time. I respect him for that.

Lobofan5

Count me out..I don't think I have 6000 opinions about anything UPS....

Unless curse words count, of course....then I'm IN!!!

UPS Lifer

How many of those did he make on UPS time?

There is an old management saying.... "Part time is full time and full time is all the time!".

Making statements like the above is tantamount to calling tie a thief as if he is stealing time from UPS. Or did I misinterpret that flame?

Do you ever come to work for free? Do you come in on your day off and take out an air run without being paid?

I am sure that tie has worked many Saturdays and maybe some Sundays taking care of some problem. He gets paid no more to do that. I will bet you will find very few weeks in his career where he worked less than 45 hours which is what his salary is based on.

I think is is very unfair to insinuate that tie does not give UPS 100%.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I have talked to Tie personally, and find him genuinely honest and remarkably kind. I know he does not come off that way sometimes in the posts he makes, but if you actually read what he has to say, there is a lot of insight in his experience.

That being said, sometimes he is just plain wrong. Not often, but it has happened. But then again, so have I.

Some people just post for the hell of it on many sites. One that I go to sometimes had one with almost 20,000 posts in not that long a time. If you look at the posts she has made though, they all consist of OMG, Smiley faces, clapping hands icons, etc etc. Absolutely no substance or thought to any post. So just having a lot of posts sometimes means nothing.

He's been here right about 1 year longer than I, and Ill never forget the first knock down we had. Over Avon deliveries.

d

d

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Not that he needs defense, I think if it was necessary to take the time we could find the post. But I believe he said something like Darling not all of us work during the day, there are many shifts at ups. Someone made a remark about him posting during the day, thinking that was when he worked. Management has lots of down time, but someone is suppose to be there all the time. I would be happy to have them spend time here. Better than the Emporers club, or somewhere:smart:
And yes he should host the party, in a centtral area of the US, and pay for the Canadians, Alaskans, and Hawaiians on here to come and write it off on his expense account. Or we could go to Mores house, or whats the other guy in Hawaii, UPSLIFER, yes that is the best idea, and More can cook. Ill show up a week early and help out!!!!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Ever think maybe he works all night? Unless I am mistaken, UPS does have management that works from 11-9AM or so.

Besides, I look at management posting here while on the job as a good thing. That means they are not going after the hourly under their supervision.

Or maybe, (and this is my personal opinion) Tie has trained his people to do the work they know best, and his job is to stay out of their way and let them do it. He is only there to take care of problems when they pop up.

d

local804

Who cares how many posts he has or when he posts as long as the post make sense, and most do. If you want to make a thread about him, atleast make it worth while.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Not that he needs defense, I think if it was necessary to take the time we could find the post. But I believe he said something like Darling not all of us work during the day, there are many shifts at ups. Someone made a remark about him posting during the day, thinking that was when he worked. Management has lots of down time, but someone is suppose to be there all the time. I would be happy to have them spend time here. Better than the Emporers club, or somewhere:smart:
And yes he should host the party, in a centtral area of the US, and pay for the Canadians, Alaskans, and Hawaiians on here to come and write it off on his expense account. Or we could go to Mores house, or whats the other guy in Hawaii, UPSLIFER, yes that is the best idea, and More can cook. Ill show up a week early and help out!!!!
Hey if Tie has the party at UPSLIFERS I can go to, that would be fun!!!!!!!! I'l voluteer to come and help also.

rod

Retired 22 years
I never meant for this to turn into a for or against Tie post. Just thought it would be fun to have a little contest. On a racing fourm that I post on one of the members gave away a 1921 Silver Dollar when he hit 25,000 posts. All you do is title a post "Give away" and anybody that posts on it is entered. After a certain time frame all the posters names are thrown in a hat and a winner is picked. The prize could be anything from something nice to a gag gift (no pieces of UPS planes please):happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ever think maybe he works all night? Unless I am mistaken, UPS does have management that works from 11-9AM or so.

Besides, I look at management posting here while on the job as a good thing. That means they are not going after the hourly under their supervision.

Or maybe, (and this is my personal opinion) Tie has trained his people to do the work they know best, and his job is to stay out of their way and let them do it. He is only there to take care of problems when they pop up.

d
Have you (not necessarily you, DB) ever read Tie's personal quote in his profile? That is one of the things that I like the best about him. DB you, all but, said his quote.

DS

Fenderbender
Wow, thats a LOT of posts,but over the years he still makes sense.
A couple of times,he was tempted to leave this forum because some people see him as a threat.I,on the other hand, respect him for both having the guts to speak his mind,and his dedication to ups.
He takes the crap for everything bad ups does,and all the union guys are all over him like its his fault.He only works there like you and me .
that beatles song was about him...
Tie caru e day eva...nothings gonna change my world

browniehound

Wow, thats a LOT of posts,but over the years he still makes sense.
A couple of times,he was tempted to leave this forum because some people see him as a threat.I,on the other hand, respect him for both having the guts to speak his mind,and his dedication to ups.
He takes the crap for everything bad ups does,and all the union guys are all over him like its his fault.He only works there like you and me .
that beatles song was about him...
Tie caru e day eva...nothings gonna change my world

Amen. Well said DS!

Griff

There is an old management saying.... "Part time is full time and full time is all the time!".

Making statements like the above is tantamount to calling tie a thief as if he is stealing time from UPS. Or did I misinterpret that flame?

Do you ever come to work for free? Do you come in on your day off and take out an air run without being paid?

I am sure that tie has worked many Saturdays and maybe some Sundays taking care of some problem. He gets paid no more to do that. I will bet you will find very few weeks in his career where he worked less than 45 hours which is what his salary is based on.

I think is is very unfair to insinuate that tie does not give UPS 100%.

If he's browsing the internet and making posts on company time, he is stealing time. His defense to this issue, since I've brought it up before, is that he's a salaried employee and therefore he cannot steal time. I find this logic offensive and downright idiotic considering I've been accused of stealing time for going to the bathroom.