6000th post

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I didn't think it right that we have threads for 5000 and 2000 posts but not do one for 6000. So this is for you Upstate. Have at it and give em hell!:happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thats one of the reasons we are all here. Nobody else around my house has any idea what I go through every day.
Were all here to just have a good time and enjoy each others company (at least that is the theory and most of the time it works), commiserate, support. :happy2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think it is time to clear the air about Whatd'yabringmetoday. I do get to work about 30-45 minutes early. I do get EDD and go through it to make sure that what is in EDD should be on the car as our dispatch sup, although he does try, is not the best that I have seen at that position. I will show him pkgs that are in my EDD that should not be, including NDA, but rather than change it in the system he just changes the lane number. I get to work this early because our center manager will let us go if our cars are wrapped, sometimes as early as 15 mins. If my regular loader is there I don't have to touch a pkg; however, if he is not I end up helping his replacement close out the pkg car and, at times, I do help out more than that, although I have worked hard on staying out of the pkg car. I do not set my pkg car up stop for stop as I have my EDD setup stop for stop. I have had customer service issues in the past but have worked on hard on reducing these and have been complimented on doing so. I do not know what his agenda is here and don't really care. I come here to enjoy myself, to interact with others who know what we go through, not to be attacked. Am I the most popular guy in the bldg? No, not by a long shot. Do I care? No. They all think I run all day--they don't have a clue. I just happen to have an EDD that is stop for stop, a loader who is the best in the bldg, and a good memory and solid work ethic and I don't sit an BS at every stop. I am usually taking my lunch and break at my condo by 3:15/3:30 each day. Could I work on my customer service skills? Absolutely and I think that I have but I also know that more work needs to be done in that area. My problem is I don't think before I speak and I tend to get too caught up in the job. If my on car asks me a favor I will do it for him. If he asks me to run off a pkg on my way home, or to call another driver in the afternoon to see if he needs help, or whatever it may be I will do it for him as I respect him and know that he wouldn't ask me to do anything that he wouldn't do himself. I do not have the same level of respect for our dispatch sup and center manager, but do respect their positions. I have absolutely no use for any of our OMS clerks, Clueless, Useless and 6 Week Wonder.

I don't have a clue who you are and don't really care. All I am asking is that you respect the time that I spend here. This is my way of winding down at night. If you have a personal beef with me, you know where to find me--I will be sitting at the picnic table. If not, leave me alone. Please. Dave.

P.S. Tex--hope you are doing well--miss you.

Overpaid Union Thug

I've been around a long time (on Brown Cafe). I thought I posted allot but some of these newer guys have blown me away. Even if I could include the posts from my first username from back in 1999 I'd still have less posts then some of these guys. I'm not saying there's anything wrong or weird about it. I'm just saying. :)