6th day punch seniority in the hub.

PizzaToUps

Does someone that works preload Tuesday-Saturday that is called into help with Mondays since it’s peak season lose their seniority that day? Management is saying that since I’m not scheduled on Monday, I don’t have my seniority so I’m forced to load trucks and leave last since it’s considered extra work whereas I normally have a ton of seniority in preload doing other jobs in the hub. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PizzaToUps

Since you are not regularly scheduled for that day your seniority don't mean jack.

Is that somewhere in the contract? They need the extra help and ask people to come in. Shouldn’t they put you at your normal spot? Or since it’s not your scheduled day, they can do whatever they want?

542thruNthru

Disagree.
3ArrowsPointingDown.gif

Since you are not regularly scheduled for that day your seniority don't mean jack.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Does someone that works preload Tuesday-Saturday that is called into help with Mondays since it’s peak season lose their seniority that day? Management is saying that since I’m not scheduled on Monday, I don’t have my seniority so I’m forced to load trucks and leave last since it’s considered extra work whereas I normally have a ton of seniority in preload doing other jobs in the hub. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

stay home next time

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Fool me once...has always been my stance. Don't volunteer extra work. However, people have a right to their jobs on their scheduled day so there isnt any recourse, if you are thinking of bumping someone

Yolo

Wouldn't most of the people that are normally scheduled on Mondays have more senority than a Tuesday thru Saturday guy?

542thruNthru

He can not bump someone out of a preferred job on Monday. To say he has no seniority because he is doing extra work and must stay the latest is dumb. The only thing a M-friend should have on him is the 3 1/2 hour guarantee before he works. Other then that his seniority prevails.

PizzaToUps

Wouldn't most of the people that are normally scheduled on Mondays have more senority than a Tuesday thru Saturday guy?

yes you are totally right but I drive on Saturdays so they switched me to Tuesday-Saturday so I would stop getting over time on Saturdays on driver rate.

PizzaToUps

He can not bump someone out of a preferred job on Monday. To say he has no seniority because he is doing extra work and must stay the latest is dumb. The only thing a M-friend should have on him is the 3 1/2 hour guarantee before he works. Other then that his seniority prevails.

Is this posted anywhere on the contract so I can show management? They are telling all the Saturday guys that they are forced to load and not do any of their normal jobs which include clerking or customer counter/small sort.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Basically, mgmt is correct except the technicalities of saying you have no seniority.

If you are loading trucks you are nearly last to leave besides responders and etc. Therefore their NOT having seniority for extra work into a preferred job, forces them to stay later. And you can't bump preferred like we already know. This is something I did for a while and have experience with, directly.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The seniority date only defines where you land on a 6th punch list for extra work. What advantage does a 5 year PT working 6th punch have over a 4 year PT on their scheduled day? Little if any jmo, perhaps staying later for OT., or not.

542thruNthru

Is this posted anywhere on the contract so I can show management? They are telling all the Saturday guys that they are forced to load and not do any of their normal jobs which include clerking or customer counter/small sort.

You're coming in for extra work. You can not bump someone on their regularly scheduled day off of their preferred job. Call your BA is the best advice.

But....

You're a T-S worker and you are working on your 7th day.
Screenshot_20191122-183626_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Make sure they are paying you. We just went to panel over this in 542 and won.

Whither

Scofflaw
You're coming in for extra work. You can not bump someone on their regularly scheduled day off of their preferred job. Call your BA is the best advice.

But....

You're a T-S worker and you are working on your 7th day.
View attachment 272943

Make sure they are paying you. We just went to panel over this in 542 and won.

By chance, does holiday pay count as receiving "paid for time"? I'm guessing not, but asking because I'm scheduled Mon-Sat this next.

Whither

Scofflaw
Depends on your supplmental language. Are you usually T-S?

I'll have to check if it's covered in my supplement and ask my stew. Re: my schedule, in a weird sitch. Right after making seniority I got sent to a different center in my building but I'm still classified as a driver (RPCD) out of the center where I qualified. I think I slipped through the cracks working M-friend for several months. Anyway, my 'loaner' center moved me to T-S this week and guessing that'll be my schedule until the contract forces M-friend.