6th day punch.

FilingBluesFL

You can have it.Anything over 10 hours seems to dissapear in taxes.Besides,5 days is enough.Weekends are for
​reconstitution.I slow down on weekends and relax.

I select a nice 60 ring gauge or larger cigar (the bigger the better), I crank the tunes, and I take that thing for a WALK. No rush, no worries!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Time and half. Saturday money is the easiest money. If you're gonna work, work for 50% more pay at -80% work.

I hear you there. They were pulling stuff off me asking are you sure u can get this done? Do we need to take more? Did my last stop over 90 minutes before its commit time. If M-friend moved at the pace Saturday does I'd work here 50 years.

PT Car Washer

Saturday air is the easiest money you can make at UPS. Got slammed today. 23 stops and 23 pieces. Started at 8:00 and done by 11:00. Would have stayed longer but had more important things to do on Saturday afternoon.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Saturday is paid at straight time but since most of us would have already worked at least 40 hours for the week any time worked on Saturday would be overtime.

They don't like it when I work Saturday as I tend to deliver Monday air along with the Saturday stuff.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You can have it.Anything over 10 hours seems to dissapear in taxes.Besides,5 days is enough.Weekends are for

Not true actually. The federal tax rate is as follows:

15% on taxable income over $8,925 to $36,250, plus 25% on taxable income over $36,250 to $87,850, plus 28% on taxable income over $87,850 to $183,250

So, even with all the OT, most of us end up paying the same.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not true actually. The federal tax rate is as follows:

15% on taxable income over $8,925 to $36,250, plus 25% on taxable income over $36,250 to $87,850, plus 28% on taxable income over $87,850 to $183,250

So, even with all the OT, most of us end up paying the same.

DS is right---anything over 8 hours of overtime and you are basically working for the government at that point.

You are right in that you do get it back when you file your taxes.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
In my 33 or so years with UPS I never found the need nor the desire to work a 6th punch and hope to continue that streak until retirement. Back in the 80's I do recall one time my management team called on a Saturday morning asking me to come in to work. Told them I just had a glass of wine with my omelet, they hung up and never asked again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They could pay me x4 and I still wouldn't work Saturday.

Our center put a bid sheet up for a Saturday air driver and I thought seriously about signing it. It is such easy money. Turns out the qualifications they put on the bid sheet were not specific enough as only unassigned drivers were eligible to bid.

stepitup

[QUOTE They don't like it when I work Saturday as I tend to deliver Monday air along with the Saturday stuff.]

Do you do this on purpose? The extra revenue that is placed on a Saturday air delivery is not collected this way. Why should a driver decide who pays the extra Saturday cost and who doesn't. I'm sure it makes your Monday air deliveries easier but this just seems wrong in my opinion.

S

serenity now

[QUOTE They don't like it when I work Saturday as I tend to deliver Monday air along with the Saturday stuff.]

Do you do this on purpose? The extra revenue that is placed on a Saturday air delivery is not collected this way. Why should a driver decide who pays the extra Saturday cost and who doesn't. I'm sure it makes your Monday air deliveries easier but this just seems wrong in my opinion.

it seems wrong, because it is wrong

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually I never benefitted from any of those deliveries.

I can recall one time I had 2 Saturday Air for Best Buy. I had also noticed during the unload that they had 20 regular NDA. I delivered the 20 NDA along with the 2 Saturday Air. I got my wrist slapped for that one.

I can also recall another Saturday when the plane was blown out with regular NDA packages for one bulk stop. I was directed to do all that I could to get rid of that bulk stop. They shook my hand for that one.

None of the regular NDA packages delivered on Saturday were "back charged" for the Saturday premium; on the flip side, it didn't cost us anything more to deliver as I was already at both stops.

Brownslave688

They could pay me x4 and I still wouldn't work Saturday.

Our center put a bid sheet up for a Saturday air driver and I thought seriously about signing it. It is such easy money. Turns out the qualifications they put on the bid sheet were not specific enough as only unassigned drivers were eligible to bid.

This is all seniority based. Even if a cover driver gets a day off during the week the higher seniority driver has the right to work that Saturday.

Brownslave688

This is all seniority based. Even if a cover driver gets a day off during the week the higher seniority driver has the right to work that Saturday.

If this were the case why would they have bid the job? Why wouldn't they just leave it open and fill it on a weekly basis?

Yeah your area may be different. We do fill on a weekly basis. Rarely do we ever need coverage. Maybe a few times a year. Have had a lot of grievances won by drivers with more seniority that get skipped over.

Sounds like your talking about a consistent weekly job. I have no clue on that.